Saturday, April 02, 2005

Spank The Monkey

Well what do you know, out of the blue I get a date for my birthday. Kinda. Meet for drinks that kind of thing. She immediately apologized for being taller. I like a girl that can recognize her faults. We ended up at "Blueberry Hill" which was a hotel bar in town that I had never been to before. The "Hill" was what we commonly referred to in college as a "cow palace." Middle aged (I guess that's me) divorcees bumping and grinding to Clarence Carter's "Strokin'." High entertainment let me tell you. She was very pleasant company, but I don't think she was overly impressed with me. I think she was more interested in my dog. She did laugh, however, when I described joecartoon.com's animation "Spank The Monkey." My theory is, getting the girl to laugh is half of the battle. We will see.

Oh, what does it mean when you begin to feel the urge to refer to yourself in the third person?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tish said...

*LOL* This post cracked me up. Sorry that your date wasn't as impressed with you as you would have liked, but you got a good post out of it! And you're right that getting the girl to laugh is half the battle - at least it is with me. And I laugh at you all the time. ;) Have a good night.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home