Thursday, August 18, 2005

A Sordid HNT

Let me preface this by saying there are certain things that you have no control over. I realize this. I don't like it, but I live with it.

My day was uneventful. Work was boring and completely quiet so when the evening rolled around, I decided to meander up to Friday's for a cold one. I was well into my second beer when Kajagoogoo's "Too Shy" came on the juke box. The bar was thumping with "Too shy dee shy, hush, hush, Heidi's sly..." or some crap like that when there was a sudden rumble and BOOM! Seymour escapes from his "cage." He reaches up and grabs the pretty little bartender by the collar of her shirt and screams in her face "Hawaiian Volcano! Hawaiian Volcano! C'mon, fucker, make me a Hawaiian Volcano!"

I was mortified. I had forgotten that Kajagoogoo for Seymour was like spinach for Popeye. I eased back in my chair a bit to give him a little room, aware that there was no predicting Seymour's behavior when the dulcet sounds of "Too Shy" are banging in his ears. That, and I didn't want to get spit on either.

The bartender brings this Hawaiian Volcano concoction to Seymour and slowly backs away. Seymour eyed her for a second and then said very softly "I like the cut of her jib." Whatever that means. He grabbed the monstrous goblet that contained the drink, drank half of the pink libation in one gulp and then quickly passed out. I managed to snap this picture before the management asked me to "take the damn sock outside, we don't serve that kind."
I was so embarrassed.

Happy HNT.

33 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

That Seymour is such a uh hum...LARGE party animal.

What ARE we going to do with him?

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Binsk said...

Ha!

Cool pic.

I wanna go there.

Piece of string walks into a bar...oh nevermind you've probably heard that one.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Queen Of Pink said...

Damn, I want one of those drinks now.

Any pic with alcohol in it can't be bad!!

12:54 AM  
Anonymous HS said...

I love Seymour the Sock! Hilarious! Keep it up!

1:47 AM  
Anonymous lecram sinun said...

Nice variety of nekkid glasses there. Don't tell Seymour I said so. Happy HNT!

2:39 AM  
Anonymous David said...

Binsk, 'fraid not... tell us!

;-)

You can't go wrong with a good bar shot... unless you're taking it from the floor because you can't stand.... but...

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Tim said...

they don't serve that kind?? Thats racist! Or sexist? Or clothesist?

9:16 AM  
Anonymous 30Something said...

Hey, I just thought about something.. Seymour does shower doesnt he? Or is that what I was smelling at the bar last night?

9:26 AM  
Anonymous The Funky Bee said...

HA HA! i HEART that damn sock... he's always reeling me in then breaking my heart! Happy HNT!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous aughra said...

Oh man, I want to go out with Seymour sometime...

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Osbasso said...

Good to see Seymour out in public!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

maybe you should leash seymour, call him your seeing eye sock?

:)

11:43 AM  
Anonymous sdk said...

An HNT after my own heart!

Happy HNT!

sdk

12:22 PM  
Anonymous HappyKap said...

Those drinks look delish.
:-) Happy HNT.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Dude. Best. Story. Ever.

Happy HNT!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous The Pink Kitty said...

Sockists?

I love the story and this HNT and I want a drink.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Foxglove said...

I had forgotten that Kajagoogoo for Seymour was like spinach for Popeye.

I almost wet myself reading that. And now Too Shy is in my head. Love the post and photo.

Too shy..something something..

1:57 PM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

A pink fruity drink??? OMG, Seymour is G.A.Y.??

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Roselly said...

HAHAA!!! And to think that I thought Seymour was a REAL person!! I thought..."WOW, this guy is SURE LIGHT weight"...and how true, haha!!

Happy HNT!!

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

Rachel, I think our baby has taken over my blog.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Andi said...

*shaking head*

What is there to say?

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs have sprouted up to the tune of hundreds, if not thousands a day. Maybe yours will be one of those with some longivity. I'm sure it has an audience.

Rainbow Vacuum Part information... The Rainbow Vacuum Part site.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

I got my first blog SPAM!!!! I am truly somebody now.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 'blogswarm' stings old media into action
They're called "blogswarms" and you never know when they'll attack. Bloggers start taunting and disparaging the mainstream media - or MSM - for not paying attention to a story they deem worthy.
Hey, You have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a Directv Satellite site. It pretty much covers Directv Satellite related stuff.

Come and check it out if you can :-)

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

Sunavabitch! Two in 15 minutes!!!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Marsha said...

Very Funny!!! : )

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Shumpy said...

Seymour! Sounds like an awesome outing.

This one is for Seymour. http://a425.v8384d.c8384.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/426/8384/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/1/3076/4711_1_5_05.asf careful.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Darlin' he's growing so fast.

Maybe we should work on making another baby, what do you think?

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

Thanks Shumpy!! I couldnt get that link to work until I went to
http://a425.v8384d.c8384.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/426/8384/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/1/3076/4711_1_5_05.asf

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

well, that didnt work either! lol

6:17 PM  
Anonymous BTExpress said...

Chunk, you just have to learn to keep the socks on your feet, because they can never be trusted. Trust me, I know from experience.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Britni said...

I like that pic because it involves alcohol :)

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Lance said...

Happy HNT! Very Nice

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home