Thursday, May 05, 2005

Tossed Salad

I recently met somebody that used to live in Jackson, MS. and it reminded me of a horrible practical joke that I was the victim of once.

I was dating a girl in Jackson and left work early one Friday to drive from Jackson, TN. to see her. It was something like a five hour drive. I threw my bag in the truck before work, so I didn't have to go home to get anything.

It was a nice sunny day and I thought I was Joe Cool with my sunglasses on the way to Mississippi to see my girl. A couple of cars honked at me and flashed their lights, but being from Memphis, I just figured that my driving sucked.

Little did I know that one of the product reps at work had been told that I was going to take a little drive that weekend. He thought it would be cute to put one of those little magnetic bumper stickers on my tail gate. I got to Jackson, visited with girly for a little while and then we decided to take her car to dinner. As we pulled out of her apartment's parking lot, I noticed something white on my truck. I asked her to back up so I could see what it was. There, in bold letters for the entire world to see was a sign that read:

I Toss Salad

Sadly, I have watched a couple of episodes of "Oz" on HBO so I immediately knew that I had been advertising to everybody on I-55 my sexual preferences. To this day, I'm ashamed to show my face in Mississippi.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Chrissie said...

LMAO...

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home