Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Rough Day On Rocky Top

Well, my beloved Vols have let me down again. After a dismal 5 win, 6 loss season a year ago, I was starting to get my hopes up after Tennessee won two games in a row. Then Florida came to town, beating the men from Tennessee, 21-20. Funny, but when I was in school, Tennessee rarely ever played Florida. I think the only time I ever witnessed this match-up was in 1990. I remember being unimpressed. After watching epic battles between Tennessee and Auburn or Alabama, the 45-3 drubbing of the Gators seemed no better than a game between the Vols and Pacific.

1990 was the beginning of the yearly battle between the two games after the restructuring of the SEC. Since then, it has arguably become the most important game on Tennessee's schedule. If you don't beat Florida at the beginning of the season, the rest of the year is spent playing catch up in the SEC. 2006 looks to be no different. I can't wait for hockey season.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Miss Flat coke and fries that I tried to leave a message on her blog, but since I'm on the new beta version, it won't let me leave msgs on non beta blogs... the only way I can do that is if she allows anonymous comments...
thanks!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Lol, like I can tell her anything!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home