Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Angry Dwarves Are Singing

Without a doubt, insomnia sucks. I heard a version of "Funny How Time Slips Away" by Al Green and Lyle Lovett today. Damn thing is embedded into my freakin' brain. I tried to sleep, but when I stop moving, my brain goes into overdrive. For some reason I was thinking of when I first graduated college and had to move in with my step dad. I had a shitty ass job at a bank, so I was making zero green and my step dad, who was no longer married to my mom, let me stay with him. Things were all good for about a month, but he quickly got tired of my lazy ass post college routine of working the crappy job then coming home to sit in front of the TV and drink beer. He would be out in the yard working and could see me sitting on my sorry ass. I knew I should be out there helping him, but I just couldn't get moving. The whole thing came to a head one weekend when he told me to get my white ass up and help him. I'm glad he did. It motivated me to get a better job and move out on my own.

I don't know what made me think of that, maybe it has something to do with me being reactive instead of proactive in my life. Hmmmm. A guy I used to work with used to talk all the time about how he was gonna quit, buy an RV and do some traveling tech work. We all thought it was bullshit until he pulled up in the parking lot in his RV one day. That takes balls. Balls big as church bells. He garnered a lot of respect from me on that day.

I really should move. There is nothing here in this town for me. No family, not many friends, the job pays well, but it's sort of stale. Only reason I'm even here is because we moved for the exs job. Now she lives in PA and I'm still here. I'd like to live in Northern California, but I'm not printing Benjamins on my computer. Florida's problem is that there isn't any good grass. I mean lawn grass. I like the feel of bermuda between my toes. They have that saw grass that feels like walking on sandpaper or something. New Orleans or Las Vegas would kill me. I won't go back to Memphis, that would be a waste of time. St. Louis might be an option, but I'd rather go warmer than colder. I dunno. I feel like I'm just treading water here. It's time for a change.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein

3 Comments:

Anonymous cisam23 said...

you can always move with me!!

10:42 PM  
Anonymous T.B. said...

Nashville is nice.
T.B.

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Tish said...

Maybe you should move back to Knoxvegas. :)

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home