Friday, November 25, 2005

I Wish My Name Was Zidlicky


I went to the Predators' game last night. The Preds were up 4-0 halfway through the second. The Kings scored a goal and then pulled the goalie and scored two more before the Preds held on to win 4-3. Marek Zidlicky had three assists. I am thinking of formally changing my name to Zidlicky. No first name, just Zidlicky. It has a nice ring to it.

A couple of things that made me chuckle. Being Thanksgiving, they dressed some poor bastard up as a turkey, put him on a sled and put the sled in a giant slingshot. The unlucky fucker went flying across the ice into some giant bowling pins and hit them so hard that the feet from his costume came flying off!

Also, Brian DeCosta went to the game with me. Who is Brian DeCosta? Brain DeCosta is more like it. He is one of the radiologists that works with me and he is the epitome of the absent minded professor. I think the boy has trouble dressing himself. He used to be a chemist before that bored him and he decided to go to medical school. His pockets are always full of gadgets and he whips out this credit card sized camera that had 7 mega pixel resolution! I figured you would have to go to Japan to get something so small that took such great pictures.

Anyway, the game is over, I'm jubilant and loud and I ask him if he can find his car. He dips his had into his pocket, pulls out an object a little bigger than a cell phone and says "Yeah, I have it locked into my GPS." I thought A.) Who the fuck carries a GPS with them all of the time? and B.) What fucktard needs a GPS to find their car? Then I remembered all of the time I have spent wandering parking lots looking for my ride. Suddenly he didn't seem like such a fucktard.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Monalicious said...

oh my god...i need that gps thing...are you a radiologist too?

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

No ma'am. I don't have the patience to sit in a dark room and stare at x-rays. I'm a registered nurse and glorified gopher.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous •♥•m•♥• said...

s0.....no personal email addy??? and to think I was going to email U your own private HNT....since you were so nice to stop by and proclaim your disappointment :( M

12:39 PM  
Anonymous •♥•m•♥• said...

no overstepping.....LOL...I was just looking for an addy to surprise U....thats all ;)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous •♥•m•♥• said...

minta360capella@hotmail.com (when you hover over the email box...it shows in the left lower corner ).....I'll try and fix it tho...sorry 'bout that. :) M

1:42 PM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

I'm sticking to my usual policy of not commenting on sports-related posts.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous No One In Particular said...

OK, so this comment is super late, but I just caught up on things on your blog over here (fun stuff by the way). So I got updated with your archives from the past couple of months today, & then later this evening, I stumble upon this interesting photo. I think this must be who your HNT Hogs & Kisses boxers came from! Does this penguin bring back any memories or anything? haha
http://1redneck.blogspot.com/2005/10/sick-bastard-2.html

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

Ok, first of all, you only read my blog every couple of months? Shame on you. Secondly, are you accusing me of being Canadian? (not that there is anything wrong with that)

11:45 PM  
Anonymous .- said...

may be out of town weds - fri. ...if I don't submit my HNT now... I'll miss Thursday post - unthinkable - I am posting tonight -hey, I read you even when you don't write

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Katie McKenna said...

funny! I knew a guy like that! Great photos here !

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home