Saturday, November 05, 2005

Meet Boxy

It's a beautiful day here. Warm enough to have all of the windows open with a nice breeze coming in the house. I stepped out on the patio this morning to see this:So I run to the front yard to see this:
Finally! The fall has been pretty mild this year and the leaves were taking their sweet time to turn. I guess we are finally into fall.

So I'm sitting here in front of the computer, enjoying the breeze, when outside the window I hear the Demon Dog speaking in tongues. She talks a lot and most of the time I just ignore her, but this time she was going on and on about something. I go outside to check on her and see her at the corner of the house and her paws are working. I almost yell at her to avoid another coal mine in my yard when I see her spring into the air and back about a foot. Interesting. She immediately goes back to the spot and starts talking again, not barking, just a mix between a growl and a whine.

Finally, I decide to walk over and see what she is doing. Folks, meet Boxy. The poor tortoise was being pawed by Maddie (aka: Demon Dog) and obviously he was in full defense mode. I brought him over to an area that I have fenced off to see if he would stick his head out. The dogs waited patiently outside the wire for something to happen. Maddie lost interest fairly quickly, but Daisy hung in there for quite a while.





Boxy was pretty much a no show and I decided to take him out front before one of the kids decided to gnaw on his shell. Just a little bit of morning excitement in West Tennessee.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Monalicious said...

Too cute. You don't get many stray turtles up here in Boston.

5:38 PM  
Anonymous MamaKBear said...

The leaves look beautiful there! Fall is still taking it's sweet time here in Oklahoma...mostly yellow leaves w/ an occasional red or lil bit orange...

Love the turtle story! Dogs are funny sometimes...

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

LOL, you left out the best part...you calling "Boxy, Boxy" when you went back out to the yard to check on his progress. ;)

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Man it was beautiful today... I'm with you it's about time the leaves finally made a colorful appearance. East TN is looking purty finally :) your puppies are so cute.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home