Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Lucky To Be Alive

I know, I'm a horrible blogger. In my defense, I went out of town this last weekend and had a little fun and I am just now recovering enough to articulate what happened over the last few days. Rather than make this the longest, most boring entry ever, I will break it down by days and try to post pictures accordingly.

Thursday, November 10.

Our good friend Rachel arrived in Nashville around 5 p.m. We went to the hockey game to see the Predators man handle the Stars. Sullivan scored a hat trick and everybody threw their caps onto the ice!
We hit Broadway afterwards and Rachel introduced me to Patron tequila. We wandered around for a couple of hours and listen to quite a few bands, drinking heavily and just generally whooping it up. We drank something called a "Bend Me Over" and I thought it was a sexual reference until the next day.

Friday, November 11.

We woke up and went to breakfast at a place called "Gnoshville" and the minute the car stopped, I realized why they labeled the shot we had the night before "Bend Me Over." Bless her hung-over heart. Didn't affect me a bit, although after breakfast, I did taste eggs and gin the entire day. We spent the next five hours driving around Nashville trying to find the Parthenon. For some reason Nashville has an exact replica of the Parthenon from the Acropolis in Athens, Greece. Why did it take five hours you ask? Well, Smashville celebrates Veteran's Day like Macy's does Thanksgiving. The main drag in Smashville was blocked the entire day and we spent hours trying to get around the parade. In the end, we found it. We did our Griswald family vacation thing, nodded, looked at it and then drove to Knoxville. (A side note, we passed this building five or six times. I have no explanation, but wanted to post the picture.)Saturday, November 12.

I won't bore you with the details of the drive to Knoxville. I will show you what I woke up to the next morning when I took my coffee outside. We got motivated and drove into campus where we met Harley and Cheryl. (Yes, the same two that ditched me in McKenzie, and no I don't have pictures of Harley's crotch marmot.) I finally got to see the University of Tennessee play this year! They squeaked out a win over Memphis. A good time was had by all I think, although Cheryl was very upset with a young lady three or four rows in front of us. Everytime the lady would lean forward, her shirt would pull up and you could see the crack of her ass. For some reason this offended Cheryl to no end so every time the crack showed up, Cheryl would toss ice into her pants. Girly quit leaning forward after a while. I think we all had a good time.
Rachel cheered for the Vols like an alum and Harley didn't show his junk to anybody, so it was all good. In case anybody is interested, here are a couple of photos from the top ramp of Neyland stadium.
I truly miss college sometimes. I graduated in '90 and I've only been able to go back three or four times. I don't think I would have ever left Knoxvegas if there had been a job there for me. Sunday was spent mostly driving Rachel back to Nashville and then driving home. I have been completely exhausted the past couple of days. It was well worth it though, I had a great time and made a new friend.

On a final note, I have to show this picture. How big does your melon have to be to have an adjustable, one size fits all cap on the last notch?






8 Comments:

Anonymous •♥•m•♥• said...

Okay....too funny on a few things...(the ice down little cracky in front, apologizing for no crotch marmont....and last ...the orange on the toothpick of a noggin!!) Its his own virtual weather system......(name that movie)...teehee...M

8:18 PM  
Anonymous .- said...

titans?

dude, look at that chick's body. [drm2b] i want to be her!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

LOL, in my defense I would just like to point out that I hadn't had anything to eat except that hot dog at the hockey game. Fortunately I didn't have to see THAT again, the gin and tonic was bad enough.

;)

It cracked me up though every time you said "uugghh, gin and eggs". I knew you were tasting that breakfast for quite a while.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

It's about time you had a fun weekend. *doing the happy dance for you*

7:46 AM  
Anonymous just.a.girl said...

wow. i'm so proud to see Rachel represent us Montana girls in our truest form!

and man. that is one fat head...

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Brooklyn said...

ABOUT STINKIN' TIME YOU CAME BACK... RUNNING AWAY FROM YOUR BLOG WILL NEVER SOLVE ANYTHING....

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Monalicious said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And yes, he must have one enormous head...yikes.

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Mel said...

Okay, that hat picture cracked me up...

Is that Montana, "Os's" Rachel?

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home