Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Plenty Of Time For Sleeping When You're Dead

Good grief. I just woke up from sleeping for ten hours! Now when I was in college, I would have scoffed at a mere ten hours. I remember going to sleep at three or four in the morning and waking up just in time to get ready to go out the next night, but now, at the tender age of 37, I don't really sleep much.

All of this sack time is the result of a great Sunday night! Little Miss Red Pants and I motored to Nashville to take in the Predators game

The Preds played well for two periods, but then almost let the hapless Penguins steal the game in the third. I have to say, that Crosby kid can skate! I had a great time at the game. Caught a t-shirt from the puck patrol, which really seemed to impress LMRP and there was a fight on the ice which got her so excited I thought smoke was going to come out of her ears. I commented on how blood thirsty she was and she said "Now you know why I like to kill things." Hopefully this referred to the fact that she is an avid hunter.

I was pretty distressed during the game because the last couple of times LMRP has either gone to a game with me or watched one on TV, the Preds have either lost or tied in games that have included some terrible bad luck. I had started to take it as an omen and told LMRP that if Nashville lost, she wouldn't be going to any more games. I'm glad they came through.

I submitted a bid during a silent auction that night and won! What did I win? This.
I know it's hard to tell, but its a puck signed by Marek Zidlicky! I've been juiced the last 24 hours trying to find the appropriate plaque for displaying my prize. I have a small collection of sports memorabilia that includes a Steve Young rookie card, autographs from Mickey Mantle, Peyton Manning and Isaac Bruce, and now my Zidlicky puck. I'm such a kid.

At any rate, I didn't get home from Nashville until late Sunday night and didn't get to bed until even later. I arose early to be at work at seven in the morning Monday, hence the lack of sleep. I feel much better now.

Drive it like you stole it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Uh...okay!


Have I mentioned that I worry about you sometimes?

4:15 PM  
Anonymous .- said...

dude
Zidlicky puck
Zidlicky puck
Zidlicky puck
say it three times fast and see if you don't get slapped
heh

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

You know I like giving you a hard time but the puck really is very cool, I'm glad you got it.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home