Sunday, April 27, 2008

Damn That Was A Lot Of Work

Finished! We were actually done with the backyard on Wednesday after I put in an extra sprinkler head, but we didn't get pictures developed until today. (Yes we have a digital camera, but we had this disposable laying around and I decided to use the last few pics on it for my show and tell.) Here are the before pictures. The grass (if you could call it that) was actually much worse than it looks. Plus, there were four huge rocks (at least fifty pounds) I had to dig out and move. I ended up putting them under the deck.

View from the fence.

View from the patio. Pretty nasty and plain looking, huh? Now, this is what it looks like after I put in the underground irrigation system, built the deck, erected (heh, I said erected) the pergola, planted Jeffy, put shrubbery and mulch around the deck, and The Girlfriend and I put down the sod.
And so the major spring project is out of the way. The grass still looks a little rough, it got kinda dry before I could get the sprinklers going, but it's slowly turning green. We have to stay off of it for two or three weeks and that is driving the dogs nuts, but they will have a great yard to play in when it's done. I'd kick Bob Villa's ass in a fair fight.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you did an excellent job on the back yard. I really hope this "spring" project is the summer & fall project too because I'm outta $$ for projects.

The pictures don't do it justice..

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Aw, there is Jeffy! *waving* That is a HUGE yard! That looks like a lot of work!!! I bet you are glad that it is over and you can sit back and enjoy it!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Hey! I just noticed Flat Coke and the doggies in the picture. Aw.. the doggies REALLY want to get out and play in the yard.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Niiiiice! Do you do windows, too?

Man, I wish I could find a nice greenbelt place like that in CA. If there were a house that backs into a greenbelt like yours, it'd be in the $millions.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

You guys did an exceptional job...time for a few beers after all of that great work!
The place really does look nice :)

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home