Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sometimes Things Are Just Cool

The Girlfriend and I stepped out last night in the freezing cold to take a look at the lunar eclipse. I dragged along my cheap telescope which didn't really help with the moon. It looked better to the nekkid eye. However, to the left of the moon and just a little below it was a bright star. I focused the telescope on it and damn! It was Saturn! You could see the rings and everything. I wish I could find a picture that could do it justice. It was tres cool.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was muy KEWL!!!!!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

I stepped out of class to see it, too! It was so awesome. I guess the next time it will come around is summer 2010, or somthing like that.

I thought I was the only one looking at it when I turned around and an entire class had come out to see it.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Left Turns said...

You can go out at night and see the International Space Station fly over, as well as the Space Shuttle when it's up. Go to spaceflight.nasa.gov, and under realtime data, you can find a tracker for where you are.

For Nashville, it would be
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?country=United_States®ion=Tennessee&city=Nashville

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was chatting w/the girlfriend real time when you spotted Saturn and she typed excitedly to me about it. It didn't seem like you were that impressed cuz like 2 minutes later, she said you were waiting for her to watch TV. ;)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Well gee Cindy, it was only so cold that my nuts were half frozen! I stood out there as long as I could stand it.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home