Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentime's Day!

Since The Girlfriend and I had to work on Valentine's day, we decided to celebrate yesterday. And since she has to work today and I don't, I get to post first (buwhahahhaha). We decided to go out to a new place called "Andrew Chadwick's on Rutledge Hill." With a name like that, you know it has to be fancy grub! The Girlfriend is a picky eater, so I really like it when she tries something new. She split the carppacio of beef with black truffles with me and then had the porkbelly with tomato reduction and her main course was sea diver scallops with fennel. I had the mesclun salad with chevre dressing and the tuna. This was all accompanied by an excellent bottle of cabernet and topped off with a rasberry tart. I think she enjoyed it. She kept saying how her food got better with every bite.

We then went down to the Sommet Center to watch the Predators and the Red Wings battle. We were running late, so I dropped her off and went to park. While walking through the parking lot, I heard the fog horn inside the arena sound off two different times. We scored twice against Detroit in the first five minutes of the game! I was a little disappointed to miss those goals, because I figured there was no way we would score again against the league leading Red Wings. How wrong I was! The Wings scored twice, but each time it was answered by a goal from the Preds! The boys came to play last night and really put on a show! (I know, I'm over using the exclamation point.) Final score? Four to two, Nashville. I had a great night and I think The Girlfriend did too. Check her blog later for her version.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice Valentine's celebration, even if your Cupid is creepy looking! Check out my post tomorrow - you're in it ;)

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had such a good Valentine's date--and it wasn't even the 14th!! Guess that proves we have Valentine's EVERYDAY.

I still think you spent too much for fancy BBQ and fancy ketchup--and those silly Shrek bubbles on top of my scallops!!

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great time, even tho I don't know what half the stuff you guys ate was.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

hey did you see the clip of the hockey player get his throat slashed at a game in FL last week?

ouch. I can't believe they restarted the game 15 min later after they cleaned off massive amounts of arterial blood from the ice... seriously, you don't see injuries like that everyday, they should have called it there.

i wonder how the guy is doing..

10:25 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Yeah, the guy is ok. The players, coaches, refs and the vice president of the league all considered stopping the game, but in the end they decided to finish.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home