Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dude

I recently turned forty and my doctor told me "It's that time." Time for what? Time for yearly physicals, where men finally understand the dread of a visit to the doctor's office. I peed, got my blood drawn, had an EKG, and a chest X-ray. The doc asked me about my sleep habits, my sex life ("Bat, how is your sex life?" "Well, it depends on who you ask doc.") and my diet. He then stood up and said "I'm gonna apologize in advance, but it's time to check your prostate."

*Sigh* I mean I knew it was coming, but I certainly wasn't looking forward to it. He stands up and grabs some rubber gloves, making that snapping sound as he pulls them onto his hands. He then looks around the room and into a couple of drawers. "This room doesn't seem to have any K-Y."

My response. "DUDE!!!!!"

He gives me a sideways glance. "Don't worry. We'll find something."

"DUUUUDDE!!!!!"

"Oh, here it is."

An audible "whew" from me and then a relived "Dude."

When it was all said and done, he says "I feel like I was in some weird Bud Light commercial."

I said "Did you just say BUTT LIGHT!!!!"

He then sent me down the hall to have my hearing checked.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving out the rest of the story!! lol The part where you get your hearing checked, he tells you it's fine, and that your girlfriend must just have a mumbling problem. So the joke around here is that I need to make a dr appointment and get my mumbler looked at.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

I so wish I was a guy! Your probing checks don't start until 40?!?! Girls start at age 18, unless you are sexually active and then they start earlier.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

i think they should stick a speculum in his butt

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home