Monday, October 24, 2005

Coasting Through Life

I need a haircut. That about sums up what's going on in my life this last week. My Cards lost in 6. I'm glad they got the opportunity to close out Busch Stadium, but after such a strong year, not making the World Series was a disappointment. I'm trying to stay interested in baseball, but it's tough with the teams involved. I really don't have any feeling toward either one. It's funny, the Card fans love to root against the Cubs even though for the last ten years or so it's been the Astros giving them a run for their money. I don't begrudge the 'Stros their win, they deserve it, but I can't seem to get behind them. I think if you were to ask me, I'd say I want the White Sox to win. I think Shoeless Joe got shafted and maybe he will rest easier if they win.Good luck Joe.

My Vols completely broke my heart on Saturday. I went to an alumni viewing party and we cheered Tennessee's excellent defensive effort only to see them fumble twice in the Orange Zone. Alabama won, 6-3, a respectable score for the Vols but I can't help but scratch my head over a talented offense that can't seem to find the end zone.With Notre Dame, South Carolina, Memphis, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt left, I can't help but worry that we might see a losing season for the first time in years. I scored tickets for South Carolina this weekend and it looks like Miss Tara is going to go with me. Spurrier has always given Fulmer fits, even when he coached Duke and I can only hope that Tennessee will rise to the occasion.

Tara and I are also going to be in our regular seats for the Predators tomorrow night. Undefeated, Nashville gets Chicago at home and I'm hoping they extend their winning streak to eight. Jump on the band wagon now folks! I don't wanna hear any "I've been rooting for them all season" when they win the Stanley Cup .

On a final note, Maddie, the demon dog, apparently feels the need to escape.This is a serious hole in my yard and I don't know when she found time to dig it, but she had the evidence all over her nose. Maybe she will strike oil.

That's all I got for now. Oh, wait, I have a story, but that's a separate post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

In all honesty I'm not a huge sports fan. But it's been exciting for me to see the Astros make it to the "world" series. What's REALLY blowing me away though is how even the announcers are so anti-Astros. W.T.F.?

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home