Friday, October 14, 2005

A Quiet Moment Of Reflection

Well, it's been an interesting couple of weeks here. I've learned a lot about myself and other people and what other people think about me. My brain hurts and I need to go on a bender, but I'm not a fan of drinking alone. Besides, the older I get the worse the hangovers are.

Cards have split their series so far. How can a team that looked to good one night completely fall apart and look like they can't buy a run the next night? Pitching is my only guess. Oswalt looked good and I respect a pitcher that isn't afraid to deal a little chin music every now and then. I had hoped that the Cards would take two wins into Houston, but now....... I dunno. I think I need to increase my meds (or at least start them). The dark clouds of depression seem to hover lately.

The Predators have either been awfully good or awfully lucky. I don't know enough hockey to tell the difference. I'm trying to learn. I watched part of the Nashville/Colorado game last night, but turned it off when the Avalanche scored their third goal, making it 3-0. The next morning I read that the Preds staged a comeback and won, 5-4. Apparently I missed a helluva third period. Then they go on to beat The Great One's team 5-4. They are off to a 4-0 start, and in my mood all I can think is "it won't last."

The Vols have the week off. Thank God. They are breaking my heart.

Oh, to all of my friends who are members of the tribe, happy belated Yom Kippur.

I have no plans this weekend other than watching a little baseball on TV. I keep telling myself that I will finish up a few household projects. Like painting. Like over seeding the back yard. Like cleaning. Like washing the car. Like washing the dogs. Like hanging my sun. I have a feeling I'm just gonna end up pulling the covers over my head and blocking out the world.

I'm a moody bitch.

2 Comments:

Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

So, what time do you want me to call you and get on your nerves?

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Monkey said...

hugs to you...

peace...

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home