Thursday, October 06, 2005

My Pet Duck HNT

Meet Patsy. This picture is about 13 years old (HOLY CRAP). This was behind my first apartment after college. I made the mistake of feeding the ducks and I soon became their primary food source. The white duck closest to me in the picture is Patsy. She was a huge fan of wonder bread. I would come home from working at the prison (don't ask) and nap on the couch until about 4 p.m. everyday. My steady alarm clock was Patsy. The first time I heard her tapping on my patio doors I thought I had mice (I had mices to pieces!). I got up and opened the door, she walked right in like she owned the place. From then on, every day at 4 p.m. she knocked on my door until I got up to share my meager food stores with her. I moved after a year and now I often wonder what ever happened to Patsy.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Chick said...

Patsy could tell time?

What a cute wonder duck.

11:59 PM  
Anonymous required said...

Nice boxers dude...
HNT Rocks!

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Monkey said...

too cool... :)

peace...

2:52 AM  
Anonymous Monalicious said...

I am so jealous. I have an unhealthy obsession with ducks. It sounds like you lived in my dream house.

I would've let Patsy just have the run of the place.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Mel said...

Patsy became dinner;D

Happy HNT!

7:54 AM  
Anonymous It's A Secret said...

Get some clothes on those ducks!! Cute pic!!

Happy HNT!!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

That's kinda cute, both the photo and the story. ;)

9:01 AM  
Anonymous cmhl said...

love the story. and may I be as bold as to say, nice legs??

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Hoochie Mama said...

I had a duck that came to my house everyday when I was little. She would even bring her babies to play. Great pic!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous shay v. said...

You're an animal person! Yah! Such a sweet little HNT!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

That's the problem with feeding stray animals... abandoning them when you move on.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Billy said...

I've never owned ducks. Chickens, but not ducks. I wonder if it's that much different (besides the water)

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Scott & Julia said...

That's a great picture! Happy HNT!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Tish said...

Aww, such a nice pic and story! Happy HNT! :)

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Jillian said...

Happy HNT!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous lecram sinun said...

Fabulous story with a great pic. Cheers and happy HNT!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Mara said...

I think ducks are so dang cute! LOL.. Happy HNT

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home