Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Sports Weekend


I am overloaded with sports this weekend and the NFL hasn't even started play yet. My Cards won the division, albeit against a sad and sorry San Diego team. The Padres had no business in the playoffs. If they were the Western champs, the rest of that division had to be truly pathetic. Now it looks like Houston might beat Atlanta proving that the Central is the strongest division in the NL. I'm rooting for Atlanta. I'd rather deal with Andruw Jones than the Rocket. After the Boston debacle last year, pitching terrifies me. Sad to say, I will be rooting for the Yankees in the junior league for two reasons. St. Louis took 2 of 3 from them during the season, and Rachel hates the Yankees so much that she will be cheering for the Cards with every fiber of her being. On a sadder note, my beloved Vols got smacked down by Georgia 27-14. No SEC championship for Tennessee this year. And that's all I've got to say about that. And now the highlight of my weekend. I went to the Predators game last night with Tara, her son Kyle and his friend Liz. It had to be the most exciting game I have ever witnessed. The score was tied after regulation and both teams failed to score in overtime. Guess what? SHOOTOUT! Hell yeah! It ended with Paul Kariya scoring on the final pass. The place went nuts. Strangers high fiving, beer being spilled everywhere, my voice is completely gone this morning. Worth every penny spent on tickets. Tara and I wore our new jerseys.Tara painted Liz and Kyle's faces and Kyle got a little lovin' from the cheerleaders. Is that a teenager's wet dream or what? Look at his face. I almost envy him his hormones.

Anyway, excellent weekend (except for the Vols and the Seymour nastiness). I love the fall.

Rock on.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Mel said...

I'm so sorry about Tenn., but you know I love my Bulldawgs;)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Is this thing on? said...

hope you had a great time!!!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home