Sunday, February 05, 2006

My Metrosexual Moment

Sunday. A day of peace and tranquility. Of sleeping in late, morning coffee and the funnies in the paper.

Not today.

My doorbell rings at 7:30 this morning! After my first thought, which happened to be "I'm gonna make the fucker eat that doorbell", I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and away from my sweet slumber. Halfway to the door I realized how abnormal this was and began to worry. I looked out the garage window expecting to see a state trooper car or at least something that said "Prize Patrol" on it. There was only a dark green Dodge Neon on the curb with the driver's side door open.

Great. Some yahoo that's lost and wants to know why I live on a dead end street.

I open the door, holding back the dogs that are always excited for company, and there is this seventeen year old blonde kid standing there in his "I'm too cool for cold weather" shorts and Abercrombie and Fitch polo.

I just looked at him.

Then, polite as always, I said "What?"

"Are you Chunk?"

"Uh huh."

"I have a package for you, sign here."

What the fuck? "You guys work on Sunday?"

"Yep, sign here."

"Is it from Australia?"

"Yep, sign here."

"Great! My tarantulas are here!" That got a reaction from him. This time he said "Uhhhh, sign here please."

I signed, brought my package in and the dogs helped me open it. My Blundstones!! I swear I like girls.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Summer said...

Hahaha!!! Thanks for clarifying with that last sentence there. :)

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Darkneuro said...

They're cool. I like them.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Pud said...

Hey, whatever makes you happy dude.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Tish said...

*LOL* My dogs are the same way. I have to hold them back when someone comes through the front door. :)

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Monkey said...

as long as you continue to let us know you like us... :)

peace...

2:56 PM  
Anonymous .- said...

uh ..
no.

although now I completely understand what metrosexual means...
eek chunk - good thing you're so darn loveable

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Doctor Bloor said...

Those boots have totally tripped my gaydar.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

Cripes, at last count I own over 70 pairs of shoes!!!

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Mellissa said...

Those boots are just AWESOME. I am totally into men who know how to dress!!! In Europe they don't call that Metero...they call it Fashionable.

So, just one question - will you be wearing those to the beach?? If so, then I will know how to find you on Saturday.

Mel

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home