Sunday, March 19, 2006

Best Fuckin' Hockey Game Ever!

Sunnuvabitch!!! The Calgary Flames came to town last night (I'm wary of that nickname. I mean Flames is pretty close to Flamer. The Calgary Flamers? Isn't Calgary cattle country? I'm thinking brokeback hockey. Not that there is anything wrong with that if it's what hones your cone.) and the Predators and the Flames played the best hockey game I think I've ever seen. Now, I'm not talking about skill, or great shots, or spectacular goaltending, I'm talking about entertainment value. The final score was 9-4 Preds which meant that you couldn't take your eyes of the television because you would miss a goal. At the end of the second period, the Preds where up by three, but the flames had been scoring on every power play, so three goals were not any kind of safety net.

And the fights! They players where skating hard and checking hard and there were several altercations with a couple of them turning into full blown brawls. I know that if you are a long time fan of hockey, you might say "That's not really the game, it's a distraction," but I tell ya, I like to see the Preds mix it up and get aggressive. It makes you feel like they really want it.

I'm getting pretty excited about the playoffs. Nashville is already selling tickets for the first two rounds of the playoffs. I bought mine last week and hope I can follow them all the way to the Stanley Cup. Who want's to go?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Ok, I left a fucking comment. You and I were talking when I did it. WTF!?!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home