Thursday, March 09, 2006

She LIVES!

Obviously, I have no HNT entry for this week, I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Mom had her surgery Monday morning and everything went fine. Monday night she still had some residual pain, but was no longer popping pills like a Hollywood doop fiend and said she was feeling much better. Tuesday morning, I met the neurosurgeon in the elevator and told him how pleased I was with the results. Mom was sitting up eating breakfast, had been to the bathroom a couple of times and although she could still feel a small amount of soreness going down her right leg, she was fairly pain free. I followed him into my Mom's room and he asked her, "So, do you feel any better?" Her reply? "No." You could have knocked him over with a feather. He leaned over the bed "You don't feel any better at all?" Again she said, "No, not really." My jaw hit the floor. I spoke up and told him that she wasn't taking any pain meds and that if this was as good as it gets, she could certainly live with it. He seemed satisfied with that and when he left the room I chewed my Mom out. It turns out that she remembers very little from the last week. She doesn't even remember how she got to my house. Ahhh, the wonders of massive amounts of demerol.

So now my brother is here with his chocolate lab, Jasper. The house is full of dogs and people, Mom keeps trying to pick stuff up and everybody is on her case to take it easy. She is bored now that her days aren't filled with drug induced sleep and is starting to get restless. Thank God for American Idol! She is gonna stay with me until her follow up appointment next week and then I guess I will take her home. It looks like everything is going to be ok.

A special thanks goes out to everybody that wished her well, but especially for LMRP who called my Mom a couple of times a day to see if she needed anything. She kept my Mom company and came over last night to watch American Idol with her since I had to work a fifteen hour day. She was a huge comfort to my Mom and I.

Hopefully things will start returning to normal and I can go back to blogging my perversions. Be sure to tune in, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Monkey said...

so glad she is doing so much better... :)

peace...

12:15 PM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

I'm curious as to what kind of surgery she had. I could have told you from the get-go that she had a ruptured disk, because I've had two of them. Yeah, I know, so why didn't I tell you that? Because she still needed to see the doctor is why! Anyway, the first time I had to have TWO epidural cortizone shots. The 12-hour after-effects of the first one were so excrutiating that I wanted to jump off the nearest high building!!!!!!!!!! Agonizing, I tell you!!! However, the second one was no worse than getting your teeth cleaned. My second rupture I just took anti-inflamm's and ice packs. Of course, the first time around I also hobbled around for 8 months before seeing an orthopedist. ~cough~

2:02 PM  
Anonymous •♥•m•♥• said...

Good to hear your moms is up and smokin in more way than one =)~

((although the stories were rather amusing))

11:06 PM  
Anonymous MamaKBear said...

Glad to hear your Mom's doing better!

Bet she was pretty entertaining while all doped up sometimes. ;)

Hopin' she heals up better than ever!

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Tish said...

I'm happy to hear that your mom is doing better! And I like her already. American Idol rocks!! :)

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Ok, I left a comment here...

8:32 AM  
Anonymous .- said...

holy hollywood diva robin - sound like you have been taking fabulous care of her.
hugs and contnued well wishes.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better! Big Big hug's!!!!

4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home