Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Top Ten War Movies

The Girlfriend settled into bed last night after watching the hockey game (Preds won! woohoo!) and as usual, we began what she calls "chattie chat time." I mentioned that I haven't seen "Flags Of Our Father's" yet and might rent it. She replied that she liked war movies and wouldn't mind seeing it as well. The discussion then turned to best war movies ever (keep in mind, this chat is happening as my eyes are getting heavy) and she voted for "Gone With The Wind." I think her definition of war movie is very different than mine. So, after sleeping on it, here are my top ten war movies.

(Note: This post was originally much more detailed with quotes, likes and dislikes, pictures, cast etc. and then my pc crashed. So now you just get the list.)

10. tie "Saving Private Ryan"/ "Full Metal Jacket"
9. "The Longest Day"
8. "Midway"
7. "Kelly's Heroes"
6. "The Big Red One"
5. "Glory"
4. "Black Hawk Down"
3. "Band Of Brothers" (I know, it isn't really a movie, but it's my list so suck it!)
2. "Platoon"
1. "Three Kings"

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We actually agree on Number 1. I liked that movie, but only because of George Clooney!!!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen any movies on that list, and have only heard of 5 of them, and some of THOSE are only vaguely!

I don't know why I tell you this. You're just gonna keep deducting brownie points from me.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

I think 300 should be on the list!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

yeah, i'm just not into the war movie scene...

9:00 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

I liked "300" a lot. I'm not sure it cracks my top ten yet. Need to see it about 52 more times.

9:22 PM  
Blogger ENFORCER said...

Bat 21 was a good flick too. As was hamburger Hill.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

ummm hello....Apocolypse Now??? Dirty Dozen??? ;)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Apocolypse Now is way to much story, not enough shooting. I will say this, Robert Duvall is the bomb diggity in that one. Dirty Dozen was an a pretty good film, lots of stars. But believe it or not, a had a harder time with that plot than I did with "Kelly's Heroes". Bat 21 is GREAT. I've watched it a dozen times. Just not in my top 10. Hamburger Hill is ok, I put it there with The Thin Red Line. Somewhere around 15 or 16. 300 is fantastic!!! To early to decide if it moves into my top ten.

8:21 AM  
Blogger April said...

c'mon...what about We were Soldiers and Braveheart?? :)

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about G.I. Joe? I mean, they're the REAL American heroes, man! Yo, Joe!

I dunno, I'm a product of the 80s.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home