Sunday, April 01, 2007

My Birthday

I wasn't planning on mentioning my birthday. The Girlfriend had other ideas. I completely forgot that she had access to my blog! Everybody reaches a milestone birthday (it's different for each person) where they stop paying attention to the march of time. For me, it was my 30th. I don't know why, but that was a depressing birthday. After that, I really haven't paid that much attention. Often, when somebody asks me how old I am, I have to stop and think about it. For the last couple of years, Flat has made a much bigger deal out of April 1st than I would. It's been a refreshing change of pace.

Most of the time, I don't feel 39. Occasionally, I feel a new creak in the bones or my body betrays me when I'm trying to do something semi athletic. I don't really think like someone my age and I certainly don't act like it. Forty doesn't scare me, fifty is to far away to think about. Time just keeps marching on. Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Hope to see you next year.

8 Comments:

Blogger cdp said...

Per Flat's request . . . HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you enjoy your birthday spankin' from your sugar britches!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, well, it's your birthday and you can cry if you want to... BUT with a hottie patottie like Flat Coke celebrating your day around you, how COULD anyone cry? Hope your 39th bday was surprisingly better than you expected, and may it get better with each one!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope all your wishes come true! :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BAAAAATT,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day old man. Now you're almost caught up to me.. next year I'm sending you a bottle of geritol and a subcription to Tennessee Seniors

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Glad that Flat Coke is in your life treated you extra special on your special day :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Happy BDay Bat. Your as old as you feel! I guess this wouldn't be a good day to ask you to come view my Mausoleum.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little behind, but happiest of birthdays!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home