Sunday, March 13, 2011

Allrighty Then


I just couldn't take it any more and Kitten told me to quit, so I did. I put it my two week notice last weekend. If you do the math, that leaves one week to go. My plan? Well, I went ahead and sent my resume to a couple of hospitals late Sunday night. I figured since we will already be in Florida at the end of the month, might as well interview.

Both hospitals called me on Monday. Hospital one, on the East side of Tampa, wanted to do a phone interview. Since I had the day off on Monday, we set it up for that afternoon. Hospital two, on the West side of Tampa bay (15 minutes from the beach!), called me and asked a few questions, mostly about my relocation time line, salary expectations, and where I would be living.

I had the phone interview with hospital one that afternoon. It was very relaxed, more like a chat than an actual interview. I liked the director and while the job sounded like a challenge because they are suffering from growing pains, I would probably be a good fit. We finished up, but she didn't really give me any idea on whether or not I was a candidate.

Wednesday rolls around and hospital two called me back to set up a face to face interview. I told her that I'd be in town the third week in March, she gave me a time and I'm all set. I was feeling pretty good about the process. I applied for two jobs and got two interviews. Much better than my experience with the last job hunt.

Then I get a call on Thursday. I had to work, so I played phone tag with hospital one's recruiter all day. I guessed that they wanted to set up a face to face interview as well, but when I finally talked to the recruiter, she offered me a job! They wanted me to start April 4! As tempted as I was to accept, I told her that I had another interview at hospital two and hadn't even met anyone from hospital one or seen the facility. She said that we could set up a site visit for the week that I was in town, but that would mean I probably wouldn't start until May. I was much more comfortable with that timeline.

So, next week, I go to Florida with one job in hand and an interview for another. Kitten and I agree that if all things were equal, we would prefer hospital two. We shall see. We are going to do some house hunting that week, see her Dad and hopefully squeeze in some beach time. Right now the plan is for me to go down and work if I accept a job. I'd find some temporary place to live until we settled on something more permanent. I can feel the sand between my toes already!

1 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

Well, well! Congratulations on the turning (Floridian) tide! I'm excited for you and about the new doors opening to both you and Kitten. I only have photos to judge this, but it just seems both your smiles are bigger when you're in sunshine and bathing suits, so...*thumbs up*! Yay!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home