Monday, May 30, 2005

Voices From The Past Update

I'm sure that it is a surprise to nobody that I received another email from T.B. today. I would bet that most people could even guess the nature of the email. Let me preface this by saying that I have sent one email to T.B. and made one phone call. Both after she stopped to see me. So, can you guess, dear reader, what the content of the message was? What would a woman that I have not been trying to contact in anyway have to say to me?

"I am engadged (sic) to be married, please don't email me anymore!!!"

Some people have tried to clue me in on evil girl tricks. I'm guessing that this is one of them. Why would you call a person that you have already severed contact with to tell them not to contact you because you are engaged? I'm still a little slow with this, but I'm guessing that she WANTS me to contact her. Why else would she do such a thing? So I bit. I didn't call her, but I sent her an email, which she may or may not read. Basically I told her that I wished her luck, but hoped that she wasn't making a mistake. Oh, I also pointed out that I thought her message was a girl trick.

None of this is wise, I'm sure. I have nothing to gain. I don't even know why I'm dealing with this eighth grade crap. Yes I do. I like her and I would hate to see her make a huge mistake. Or is it hubris for me to think that she can't make an informed decision on her own? At any rate, I wonder if this is the last chapter in this little saga.

6 Comments:

Anonymous 2bSomeoneElse said...

Jealousy, my man, jealousy. She wants you to see she has moved on and she's damn proud of it too. You're right, she may want you to contact her. She may feel it's a mistake. She may want you to rescue her from that. She may not even know what her motives are.

I do believe you're correct by identifying it as a bad trick.

Now, sit back, DON'T EMAIL her and wait. I am guessing she will send you yet another email. In this one, she will warn against keeping in touch with her and attempt to spell fiance.

She is definitely playing some games. Let her play. That doesn't mean you have to play along.

12:50 AM  
Anonymous 2bSomeoneElse said...

P.S. I just read "I Hate People." Good post. See my comments.

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Bat said...

I can't always count on you, my one dear reader, to sum up the issue. Somebody else brought up the theory that she did it for show for her "finace" since he seems to have access to her email. It's a sad, sad world when friends can't communicate.

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Bat said...

I of course meant that I COULD always count on you.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous 2bSomeoneElse said...

Sending the message for show for her beloved's benefit may be right. If he buys it, he's an idiot. He probably is anyway. Whatever the purpose, she's deep into the game.

I am glad you can count on me. I will admit I haven't had much time to check in on your posts lately, but that's changing. Have to love summer vacation.

Oh, and don't underestimate the power of your keyboard. I know for a fact you have at least a couple of other readers. They just don't post. Keep writing. We'll all keep reading.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous T.B. said...

Let me start out by saying that I am slightly scared to leave a message about this entry... but, here it goes.
Hello everyone my name is T.B.
I just want to fill you in a bit. While on vacation, Mr. OCD got in my computer and found all my emails. I contrary to popular belief am VERY nondrama. I wouldn’t dream of putting "C" in a drama zone. I truly cherish him. AND I am sorry for all the mess that OCD started. But I promise you I finished.
T.B.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home