Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Am I Pathetic?


When I wake up each morning, I wake up to a talk show on ESPN radio called "Mike and Mike" in the morning. That's how much of a guy I am. It's a fairly entertaining show hosted my Mike Golic (a former football player) and Mike Greenberg (a metrosexual in training). I get my early morning sports fix and a little entertainment.

After the radio wakes me up, I go turn the tv ESPN news for the "Mike and Mike" simulcast. Then I listen to them on the radio again on the way to work. All of this happens at about 5:30 in the morning.

As if this wasn't pathetic enough, this week I have been teased by Mike and Mike with a huge important announcement that was supposed to happen at 6:07 a.m. Central time today. They have been talking about it for three or four days and there was much speculation about the nature of the announcement. Are they changing the name of the show from "Mike and Mike" to "Mike and Mike"? (There has been some controversy about whose name comes first.) Is the team splitting up? Are they being canceled? Are they adding a third Mike (making it "Mike, Mike, and Mike.) Did Greenberg come out of the closet and announce his metrosexuality? Did Golic get his jaw wired so that he would be able to resist the donuts?

So here I sat, coffee in hand, the warm glow of the tv getting my sluggish blood flowing this morning. Eagerly awaiting the important, earth shattering announcement. Drum roll please.

"Mike and Mike In The Morning" is moving their tv simulcast from ESPN news to ESPN2! This, indeed, is an exciting development.

Let the nerd comments begin.

4 Comments:

Anonymous shhhh said...

I'll make a note of that for the next time that I am up too early.

I wish all of ESPN radio was simulcast. Love it.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

5:30 in the A.M.????? that's usually about when I'm experiencing early-morning insomnia ... and preparing to go back to sleep just as soon as the insomnia releases its vicious grip on my overactive brain

4:36 PM  
Anonymous .- said...

i kinda like the chick on the right

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Chrissie said...

The little Mike is kinda cute ;)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home