Thursday, December 08, 2005

Nothing Here To See, Now Move Along

If you are here for HNT, it's one post down. Personally, I wouldn't look. Don't say you weren't warned.

A couple of small things to get off of my chest. I had the strangest conversation with my ex-wife the night before last. She is in a semi-relationship with a guy that she met on the internet. He lives about three hours away and even though they have only been able to see each other a time or two, they talk every day and she thinks the fella cares for her. She goes on to tell me that she has started breaking dates and turning down offers because it would make her feel bad if he were going out and besides, she is pretty sure that he isn't. I asked her if she had talked to her long distance man about this and she said "No, I just assume that he isn't dating anybody either." Now correct me if I'm wrong folks, but I told her that she had better not assume anything. I was worried about her. Then she goes on to tell me, "well, I still go out, but I pay my own way so it really isn't considered a date." Now maybe it's just the stalker in me, but if a girl agrees to go out with me, I don't care if it's dutch, I pay, or she pays. By my definition, that's a date. So I tell her, "damn, I was worried about you, but now I'm worried about him. You had better clue him in before he finds out on his own and then you have fucked up what might have been a good thing!" Then we both started laughing our asses off because we realized how screwed up it is for an ex-spouse to be giving love life advice to his former wife. It was good for a chuckle.

The second thing. Saturday, four game packages go on sale for the Cardinals at the new Busch stadium. My first thought was to buy a pair of tickets. They have a package that is four weekend games against the Cubs, Nationals, Rockies, and Dodgers.

The new stadium is gonna be great and I'm definitely going to go to at least one game. I've been stuck with tickets a few times recently, so I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Opinions?

Now, for the real reason for this post. I intend to conduct an experiment. Basically, I want to know who really READS the crap I write. So, the first ten people to comment and then email me their address win a small prize. It isn't much, but hey, if you read this far, for a little more effort, you can get something for free. I will put it in the mail the next day. This should be interesting.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Well I guess this proves I actually read this crap.

You know my email address.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

Ugh, on the tickets. That's a hard choice. I would by the two, just to have company at a game.

What do I win?

You already have my address.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Darkneuro said...

I'm reading you. You're favorited, so yeah. I read.

Opin: Would being stuck with tickets put a dent in you? Or do you dig it SO much it just doesn't matter? That would be the clincher for me.

email is attached to my name. ORRRR... neuro at nmia dot com
There. :D

9:28 PM  
Anonymous MamaKBear said...

I read ya too...you're in my blogroll! May not always comment, but I read!

Oh yeah, and sounds like your ex-wife better find out for sure if this guy is seeing other people or not.

I'll email addy soon, mmkay?

11:32 PM  
Anonymous MamaKBear said...

Hmmmm no email listed anywhere for you....mine is in my profile.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Tish said...

Hey, Chunk!

I hope I get to meet you next weekend!

As for your ex-wife, I think it's great that you're looking out for her. And I think you're exactly right in what you said. Her internet guy needs to know what she's doing, and she needs to know what he's doing - or not doing. These things can't be left to assumption.

I've had the same problem with getitng stuck with tickets. Mine usually happens with the theatre though. Not many people enjoy a good play these days. I always end up taking my brother as my date. But if you think you want to have someone by your side, it's best to go ahead and bite the bullet and get the extra tickets. And if you end up stuck with one, you can always call me. hehehe.

Have a great day!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Tish said...

Oops. I just realized I made a typo. I really do know how to spell "getting". ;)

8:59 AM  
Anonymous DanjerusKurves said...

You know damn well I read every single word that you post! (On both blogs) ... and I was all poised to comment before you just HAD to bring up sports again!

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Hello, I have been reading you for awhile. I just have never commented. Hope your having a great day. Big big Hug's!!!!!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Osbasso said...

Ooh--I think I'm #10! Just bring it to Nashville!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Bat said...

Ten people have posted, but I've only received 3 addresses. Waiting on the other 7. First come first served kids!

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Chrissie said...

DAMN! 11 comments... oohh wait looks like i'm in luck! ;) SCORE! I win something!

GO DODGERS!! Just buy em!

2:08 AM  
Anonymous .- said...

I am lucky number 13 - dammit - instead of a prize - take me! take me!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Katie McKenna said...

lol... simply lagging behind ..playing catch up from Mexico :)

6:59 PM  
Anonymous No One In Particular said...

I read your stuff, but obviously not on a regularly enough basis to comment in the top ten. Oh well!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Ian said...

Your ex is dating other people while I'm sitting here pining over our long distance net chat sessions? I'm crushed.

Dammit, I'm number 16 - no prize.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home