Saturday, February 11, 2006

Semi-Annual Trip To Florida (or how bad things happen to good people)

Well, it's that time I again. I leave today for a mini vacation. For Christmas, I gave Little Miss Red Pants tickets to the Kentucky/Vanderbilt basketball game in Nashville today (I swear it's what SHE wanted). Since she is supposed to go to the Bon Jovi concert (gag) in Smashville on the fourteenth, I figured I'd just take her to Florida for a little fun and fishing in between events. I always fly out of Nashville, so logistically it makes sense. In reality, it's a dumb idea.

I've been going to Tampa a couple of times a year for the last couple of years. I'm beginning to wonder why.

The first time I went by myself. I had fun, but it was a tad boring. I was there to fish and the hotel I stayed at turned out to be party central. I was getting up at 5 a.m. to drive to the docks, but the party at the hotel would just be dying down by then. The result was no sleep for the chunkster. I was Mr. Crankypants by the time I got back.

The second time I went, my buddy, The Hammster went with me. I won't cover the gory details. I will just say that we ended up running from a hurricane and became the guinea pigs for a new chemical sniffing device being trialed by homeland security.

The third time I went, T.B. , was my travel partner. We had a fantastic time. Fished, ate, stayed at a great hotel, ran the rental car into a support column in the garage. Got back home and about a month later, she couldn't really talk to me anymore.


The fourth time, Sugah went with me. Again, I had a wonderful time. We fished, ate, had a great hotel room, filled the room with Mr. Bubble and she was mistaken for my daughter. About a month later, she broke up with me. It wasn't really a surprise, but it still sucked.

So now I'm gonna try it again with LMRP. I've been pretty excited about a few days in the sun. Has anybody else seen the weather forecast for the Tampa area? 71 today, then it drops to 55 for two days! The day we come back, it's supposed to get back to 70. I hope this isn't some kind of omen.

Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

Good people? Good people my ass!





I'm just teasin' hon, you know I love ya more than my luggage. ;)

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Jodi said...

I hope your vacation is going magnificently! And, yes I forgot that you were going away. Like me forgetting things is breaking news or something. Sheesh.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Sandy said...

Hope your trip goes good. Happy Valentine's Day!! Big Big Hug's!!!!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home