Saturday, October 21, 2006

Holy Guacamole

Cards win again! Anthony Reyes, a character by all accounts, pitched eight innings giving up only two runs in a 7-2 win over Detroit. Reyes, a rookie, is infamous for the ironed bill of his cap and his pants pulled to the top of his socks. Retiring eighteen batters in a row, he allowed the Cards to post the first National League win in the World Series since 2003. Underdogs, the Cardinals now have a one game lead in the series. I'm psyched to no end. Also, Tennessee managed a 16-13 win over Alabama. The third Saturday in October was always special when I was in school. Even though Alabama won every single game during my time at UT, it was always the most hyped game. I remember in particular that somebody always spray painted "BAMA" on all of the stop signs on campus. A hard fought win bringing UT's record to 6-1. Things are looking up on Rocky Top. Since the Titans aren't playing this weekend, the Predators are the only team to let me down. They dropped a game to the Canucks (Canucks? Looks like a killer whale on their jerseys. I thought canuck was sort of a slander against Canadians.). It was an overtime loss, so the Preds still get a point, but their record is only 4-3-1. That gives them 9 points, enough for the division lead, but they are gonna have to pick up the pace this week, getting San Jose at home, a game that The Girlfriend and I are going to get to see next Thursday. Overall a good weekend for Bat's favorite teams.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my favorite team.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

yay cards.. anyone who beats the Tigers I'll cheer for :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home