Friday, October 06, 2006

Oh Shit!

The pucker factor has gone to Defcon 2 here at Casa des Bats. I had an offer on the house. It was way low. Way, way, low. I dropped my price by just a tad, called the guy back and said "A house hasn't sold for less than this on my street in three years." The buyer said he would think about it then the fucker brought me a check the next day!!! I asked when he wanted to take possession and he said "I don't really care." I told him that The Girlfriend and I had been talking about December 1 as a pretty good day to leave this God forsaken town. He paused for a bit and his eyes crossed and uncrossed the he calmly replied "I was thinking more along the lines of November 1."

Sunuvabitch.

I'm not worried about finding a job really, but we don't have a place to live! Oh well, it will all work out.

In other "OH SHIT!" news, The Girlfriend and I went to the Predator's home opener against the Blackhawks last night. The Preds quickly jumped ahead, the 'Hawks battled back and then in the third period, ran away with it. Final score? 8 to 6! 14 goals in one game!!! Hell, the Titans don't score that much. The defense sucked, Vokoun had an uncharacteristically bad night and Chicago pushed us around on our end of the ice. The bright spots? New editions Jason Arnott and Josef Vasicek added some serious beef to their lines. Those guys are HUGE! Plus, every time Arnott would come to our end of the ice (we had fourth row seats behind our attack twice goal, excellent!!! ((I just channeled Wayne Cambell))), The Girlfriend would cream her jeans.

What can I do? It isn't like I can kick his ass or anything. Bonus for the night? These guys were at the game. I think they had an event in Nashville this weekend. I like it when Junior and Senior almost come to blows on their show, but Mikey is my favorite. He is such a slacker and he always gets away with it.

Anyway, I guess the move to Nashville is on, anybody got a couch I can grab?

3 Comments:

Blogger 123Valerie said...

Right on! Life is crazy, yah?

It all works out. The important thing to remember is Amandapolooza.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

I've got a couch...but The Boy puked on it so you maaayyyy wanna pass. :D

7:46 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

I've slept on worse.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home