Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Warp Speed

Things are moving VERY fast around here. I have a contract on the house and we are supposed to close no later than November 10 although the lawyer thinks it will be sooner. So here is an update on my status. The house is practically sold, I am moving to Nashville with The Girlfriend , I will have to put in my two weeks notice at my current job probably within the next ten days, I have no place to live in Nashville, I have no job in Nashville, I have no idea how I'm going to move my crap to Nashville. Whose idea was this anyway? Oh yeah, mine.

If I were to grade the last weeks sporting events, I would give it a B+. The Cards have made the NLCS and I guess theoretically anything can happen against the Mets. The Preds are winless, but sure are exciting to watch. The Titans took the Colts to the wire and only lost by one point, and finally my beloved Vols put the lumber on Georgia 51-33! Oh, and my fantasy football team kicked ass this week! Life is getting pretty interesting around here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Whine Girl said...

Yes BUT... the girlfriend said you were a nurse, so from one nurse to another, you know we can get a job anywhere!
What is your specialty?

1:38 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Interventional radiology. What about you, Miss Jordan?

6:29 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

Right now, I'm med-surg....
but by next month I'll be switching to my new job at the new women's & children (which is mostly labor/delivery/neonatal/motherbaby... so it should be fun.

So are you going to continue in the same area?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Yeah, I think I'm gonna try and stick with it. I've been doing interventional for about 6 years. Actually, before that, I worked labor and delivery for four years. Ain't that a kick in the pants?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

did you like it? I'm trying to get my male friend to follow me to the new job.. and he wants to, but when I asked about it, I was told "Oh we don't hire male nurses"...

No wonder there's a nursing shortage!!!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Yeah, I kinda liked it. It was just labor and delivery though, no post partum. I wonder if your new job doesn't allow women to cath men. I'm sure he could make an issue if he wanted, but in my opinion it isn't worth it.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

hmmm... I'm going to work in a women's / babies only hospital.. so no male catheterizations!!

I think they're doing this because apparently most women feel comfortable with another woman in these circumstances...

I personally didn't care (when I was in pain) but after the delivery when things are much calmer.. I preferred female too.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home