Friday, December 01, 2006

Don't Like The Weather? Just Wait.

Ok, this is ridonkulous. Yesterday it was a balmy 74 degrees here (that's Fahrenheit, none of that goofy French centigrade crap is allowed in this part of the South), I had the windows open and the upstairs portion of the house was almost sweltering. This morning, The Girlfriend wakes me up to go fetch the garbage cans. These two honkin' big cans have been blown down the driveway by the wind. I go outside in the t-shirt and shorts that I had been sleeping in to fetch the wayward cans. Mistake! It's colder than a bucket of penguin shit outside! I come inside to check the weather channel's web site. 34 degrees that feels like 22 with the wind chill! (Again, Fahrenheit, suck it up Canadians.) By my math, that's a 40 degree drop. (You have no idea how hard it was for me to come up with that number, even with 6 toes on each foot I had to count on some digits twice.) What ever happened to a GRADUAL change of seasons?

Oh, on a side note, while looking up yesterday's temp on the internet, I came across the information that last night's moon was "waxing gibbous." Now most folks will tell you that I'm a fountain of useless information, but I have to admit I've never heard this term before and it struck me as funny, so I looked it up, hoping that there would be some bizarre, arcane definition. I was quite disappointed. If you are interested, go here .

Side note number two. Bud Selig, Major League Baseball's commissioner for the last 14 years, has said that when his contract expires in three years, he will retire. Mike Greenberg(pictured above) announced on his early morning show, "Mike and Mike in the Morning," (broadcast on ESPN2) that he was throwing his hat in the ring for the position. If I had a vote he would get it. An obvious fanboy, Greenie would make all of the changes that Joe Everyman wishes MLB would make. Although he is a bit to metrosexual for me, I can't think of a better fit for the job.

Drive it like you stole it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stealth said...

yep. we enjoyed that ...it is sweeping the damn country.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'll keep you warm baby.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

I only come here for the pictures.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Kitty said...

and if fcaf can't keep you warm by herself, I've already offered to help!

A "bucket of penguin shit"? ROFLMAO! That was funny.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Sass said...

dude i want him for christmas

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for Greeny, that's been an ongoing thing of his, campaigning to be the next MLB commish:

http://www.mike-greenberg.com/?page_id=7

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home