Friday, October 27, 2006

Well Sunnuvabitch!

I just rolled in from Smashville, it's 12:15 a.m. and I'm way to juiced to go to bed. My day started with a second interview at a hospital in Nashvegas. That seemed to go well. From there, we went over to the Donelson area and signed a lease for the new Casa de Bat. So now, I may have a job and I definitely have a place to live. We grabbed a bite at Joe's Crab Shack and went to the hockey game. The Preds had the Sharks at home tonight, a game that I was looking forward to seeing. I hate the Sharks. They annihilated the Preds in the playoffs last year and I couldn't wait to see Jordin Tootoo knock Jonathan Cheechoo on his ass. Instead, I'm shocked when shortly after the first period, The Girlfriend basically dumps me for a much cooler pretty boy. How can I compete with that????

The Preds won, 4-3 in a hard fought game where our guys skated hard and the goalie, Tomas Vokoun, played well. I got a laugh when The Girlfriend's favorite player, Jason Arnott, got into a little scuffle near the end of the ice where we were sitting. "Oh, he's getting beat up!! He's too pretty to be fighting!!" I guess she got over her thing with Nacho Libre fairly quickly. I managed to also win a silent auction at the game and I am now the proud owner of a Paul Kariya autographed hockey stick. It will look good on the wall at Casa de Bat.

On the way home, I listened to the last four innings or so of the Cardinals game and heard the radio call of scrappy little David Eckstein's tie breaking double in the eighth. The Cards are now one win away from winning their tenth World Series Championship, second only to the Yankees. Now, if the Titans and Vols can win this weekend, the world will be right for the Bat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Whine Girl said...

ok why does he look like Regis Philbin in a red cape?

5:47 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

I hope that he was trying to dress up as the character from "Nacho Libre", if not, he has more problems than I first thought.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wear "stretchy pants"
just for fun....

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home