Sunday, January 14, 2007

Miscellaneous Rambling

I kinda consider this post house keeping. Just covering a few things that have been going on around here, but no real exciting stories. The problem with living with a fellow blogger (The Girlfriend) is that all of your day to day activities get covered before you get a chance to write. I will give it a shot anyway.

I know this will bore most of you, but I'm in full blown hockey mode. I can't believe I was upset that Paul Kariya was snubbed for the all-star game. The Predators ended up with only ONE all-star even though they possess the third best record in the ENTIRE league. My interest in the games has only increased as the season has progressed for a couple of reasons. This is the nearest I have ever been to a championship caliber team. As a season ticket holder (well, mini-season, we bought 13 games), I get dibs on playoff tickets. The second reason? MONEY! When I took The Girlfriend to Las Vegas for Amandapalooza , I placed a small bet at one of the sports books. $50 at 15-1 for the Predators to win the Stanley Cup . If the Predators go all the way and bring Lord Stanley's cup home? $800 in Bat's pocket. I've already told The Girlfriend that if it happens, we are flying back to Sin City to pick up the winnings, so root for the Nashville Predators!!!!!

As for everything else, I've been trying to stay busy and have actually been pretty successful. I've started the new job and even though I haven't spent very much time in patient care recently, I am excited about learning new skills. I'm one of those people that likes to take on the new. The cath lab is definitely new and I'm really gonna have to brush up on my cardiac anatomy and EKG interpretation.

The Girlfriend and I got memberships to the Y.M.C.A. for the new year. I have been averaging about five trips to the gym every week since then and as a reward, I bought myself an iPod Nano. The Girlfriend raved about hers so much, I decided to take the plunge.

I started ice skating lessons with The Girlfriend yesterday. My interest, of course, is to maybe get good enough to play some scrub hockey. I think I have a long way to go. I kinda talked The Girlfriend into the whole deal, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that she actually enjoyed it and is looking forward to more lessons. The down side? I think she is going to end up being a better skater. That's a bruise to my fragile male ego. At least she has no interest in playing hockey, so I won't have to compete with her there.

We went to see Alpha Dog last night. The Girlfriend wanted to go because of Justin Timberlake (who knew she was a closet boy band fan?), but I was pleasantly surprised. I kinda like movies based on fact, however loosely. I don't know that I can recommend that you drop the nine bucks to see it at the theater, but definitely catch it on DVD. It's fairly compelling and you find yourself actually worrying about what is to become of young Zack. The movie is based on the story of Jesse James Hollywood , a thug wanna be that managed to become the youngest fugitive to ever make the F.B.I.'s top ten wanted list.

I'm mildly interested in the NFL play offs. The Girlfriend has predicted the Bears and the Colts in the Superbowl with the Bears taking home the Lombardi Trophy. I feel like this might be the Chargers year. I will keep you posted about wagers between The Girlfriend and I.

That's about it, hopefully I will have something more entertaining to write about soon. Remember, "Drive it like you stole it!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you want me to quit posting? I'm not sure if I should take that as a hint or just write about flowers and panties all the time???

I like being on the skates with you. I don't think I'm going to be a better skater than you, my equilibrium is just a little more stable. (Smile) I'm glad we've found something to do TOGETHER the next 6 Saturday mornings that doesn't require Grand Theft Auto and you banging some other chick on a video game. lol

Vegas baby--that's all I can say on that!!

Justin Timberlake is from YOUR hometown. He's my HOMEBOY!! Plus he can sing and dance and now act. It's all in the TALENT.

And you know why I picked the Bears don't you?????

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched the Bears game yesterday at a friend's house. When I say 'we', I mean Mr. W and his bro watched it and I hooked up with my friend Vanessa, who picked me up at the game location, and we went shopping. Nice day. I hear the Bears won. Haha.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home