Sunday, January 06, 2008

My Favorite Nickname

Nicknames for athletes have always been a fascination for me. The Babe. The Big Unit. The Rocket. Too Tall Jones. Pistol Pete. King James. The Round Mound of Rebound. The Great One. (bonus points if somebody can match the nicknames to the players) I always wanted a nickname, but the best I ever managed was to earn the title "Chunk" 'cause of how much I could vomit and the professional manner in which I did it. (Amateurs vomit everywhere, professionals, always in a container. Less mess=more impressive.) I recently heard the best nickname ever. Terry Crisp (Crispy, another great nick) the on air color man for the Nashville Predators referred to player Scott Nichol, 5'9", 175 lbs. as "The Little Ball Of Hate." I'd kill for a nickname like that one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'd love to tell everyone what my nickname for you is, besides Mr. Wonderful, but I'm afraid we'd both be blushing for awhile...

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite nickname is Refrigerator Perry!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home