Sunday, January 20, 2008

One Man's Junk

We have a garage full of junk. I call it junk, but it's really stuff that's too good to throw away, but I can't imagine anybody paying for it. Well, I was wrong. Apparently no matter what it is, somebody wants it. Seriously, if I went to Craigslist and advertised "one small pile of dog crap, firm, two days old" I bet I'd get a dozen responses. The Girlfriend put a bunch of our stuff on Craigslist last night. Today has been spent selling our stuff. Almost all of it. The only two things that really haven't had any inquiries are the window a/c unit (understandable since it's colder than a bucket of penguin shit outside) and this picture. I hate that nobody wants to buy it. I'd keep it, but it takes a big room with tall ceilings. This whole thing kinda reminds me of my step-dad. When I was a kid, he would be taking us somewhere and see a washing machine or a lawn mower on the curb. With a screech of brakes and a quick "get out and help me with this" we would be the proud owner of somebody's garbage. I remember that at one point we had five lawnmowers, none of which we had bought. They all ran though. I guess it explains why I always hear the theme to "Sanford and Son" when I ride with my step-dad.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Screw yard sales...craigslist is the way to go!! Just don't get any ideas and sell ME!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Hey, if the painting doesn't sell on craiglist, try eBay!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Blissfully Wed said...

I looked on craigslist and didn't see anyone selling "Flat Coke." I guess you're safe for now. ;)

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much do you want for the painting?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

people are for sale on that site... sex n stuff... I heard.

not that I would know.

but i heard that.

on the news or something.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$45 for the painting Cindy--

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home