Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can't Sleep

I can't sleep so I guess I will write a little bit. Things have been calm. Kris has dialed everything way back. It's a much more comfortable situation. I haven't heard from L since before Christmas, which is fine. R and I have traded a couple of emails, I asked her to go to the park with me and the dogs, but she said she was busy. I got the impression that she isn't very interested. I didn't think there were fireworks or anything when we went out, but I kinda thought she was interested in getting to know me. So that's a little disappointing.

I leave for California in a couple of weeks. I hope Cindy doesn't find it a chore entertaining me for a couple of days. I'm in a quandary about how to pack and what to take. The temps in California are bound to be a lot warmer than they are in New York. I wanted to travel light, but I'm beginning to see that may be impossible. Speaking of New York, I haven't settled on a place to stay. The hostels run about $45 a night, which is dirt cheap, but it's hard to find anybody online with anything super positive to say about them. I'm gonna try and priceline some hotels this weekend. I will have the two hockey games while I'm there and I'm going to try and go to the Statue of Liberty and catch a matinee on Broadway. I also had forgotten that a buddy I used to work with is on travel assignment there, so we are gonna grab a beer.

I've been talking a lot to an old friend. It gives me the warm and fuzzies, but I know that she isn't going to ever be more than a friend. We haven't seen each other in twenty years and are completely different people now. Not to mention the fact that she lives a couple of states away, so even if she wasn't currently in a relationship, it's not like dating is a possibility. I'm not sure why she calls me so much. I don't mind, but I wonder what she is getting out of it.

I feel like I'm drifting a lot of the time with no direction or purpose. Emotionally, I'm not torn up all of the time anymore, but I still miss my old life. Everyday, something reminds me of how much everything has changed for me in the last six months. I'm just sad most of the time.

9 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

It's not a chore, silliness. I just hope I don't bore you if I don't plan enough stuff, or give you a nervous breakdown if I overplan. Re packing, you don't need to bring anything special for CA. I assume you're going to dress in layers for NY, so CA will just be one of those layers. It's not exactly shorts and tanktop weather here.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

Oh yeah. And try hotels.com; I've found that they typically give the lowest rates over any other offer, and they definitely beat the hotels' public rates.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Not shorts and tanktop weather? Why am I going out there? Oh yeah, that's where you are. :)

6:28 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

And don't worry about not planning enough stuff to do. I will have my iphone with me, so I can self entertain.

7:05 AM  
Blogger pondering said...

Long, long time ago I left happy hour on a Friday afternoon drove straight to the airport and flew to New York for the weekend with nothing but the clothes on my back and my wallet. I stayed a the YMCA's which will rent, unexpectedly nice little single, rooms for a song compared to hotels etc. Just a thought.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Carley Davis said...

If your looking for a good hostel in NYC, look into The Chelsea, I stayed there for a week in December. The rooms are small, but they are very clean and so are the bathrooms. Also in a great really safe side of town.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Thanks Carley, the place looks great. I will put in on my "check it out" list.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

It's been raining like crazy over in Cali, but it should be cleared by the time you arrive. You never know this time of year what you are gonna get. But seems like we are gonna meet :) The plans aren't set in stone yet, but I think Saturday we are hanging out for dinner. See you then!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

YAY!!!
And re your self-entertaining iPhone...why I oughta...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home