Monday, January 04, 2010

Integrity

I think I'm starting to drink to much! I got hammered New Year's Eve so I spend the next day recovering from that. Saturday, I went to the hockey game. Preds win! Afterwards, I met up with some fellow bloggers that happened to be in town. Result? I got hammered again! So Sunday was spent with a huge head ache and a queasy stomach. Totally worth it. I got to see some really, really nice things and had a chance to talk with some different people.

That night, when I got home (around 2 a.m.), Kris texted me wanting to talk. I was drunk, but she insisted. The long and short is that she has decided we are on the same page again. *sigh* She wants to go right back to where we were, but I have second thoughts. It seems to me that I don't need the drama of constantly wondering when she is gonna freak out again. I dunno.

I had been talking to an old friend and was telling her about my trip in February. She sounded kind of jealous and talked about how much she liked to travel and had never been to New York. Today, it hit me. Ask her to go! It really isn't a big deal. Two friends hanging out, having a good time on a mini vacation. I sent her an email and gave her the details. She wrote me back saying that she would LOVE to go, but her boyfriend wouldn't like it and she was sure if she was in the reverse situation, she probably wouldn't like it either. I was disappointed, but how refreshing! Somebody that respects their relationship enough to put aside something she would love to do because it wouldn't be healthy for her relationship. I'm actually glad she said no. I respect her so much more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

Um, I only have 1 spare bedroom.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Cindy my dear, I would never be that rude. Invite somebody to your house without asking? Yikes! She would have met me in NYC.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

Oh, I thought you were gonna use my 1 bedroom as an excuse to shack up with her. ;)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

*sigh* SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND. I don't roll like that.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home