Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Pretty Tame Weekend

I was pretty tired from work Friday night, so I just kinda chilled out, iced my back and watched TV. Saturday I went to the gym and ran a couple of miles while I watched the Preds beat Calgary on the tube. Watching hockey really makes the time on the treadmill pass fast, but when Pete Weber, the on air color man, referred to a missed Flames goal as "premature flaming" I almost fell off the damn treadmill laughing so hard.

I had a date Saturday night. I took her to Allium for dinner and was pleasantly surprised. I had bacon/pear cream sauce gnocchi for starters and finished with chicken and pistachio pasta. Interesting use of pistachio. We then went back to my place to watch movies, until we both got sleepy and she went home. She's interesting in a "we have the same sense of humor" kind of way, but once again, no chemistry on my end. I'm gonna give her one more try next Saturday and take her to the hockey game, but I don't think she is what I'm looking for in a partner.

I've finished my Christmas shopping, such as it was. Everything is mailed or ordered. I can't complain this year. I didn't really have much to do. Bright side to everything I guess. Christmas week will be long for me. I work four tens in a row and then finish it off by being on call Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Again, the bright side is that I won't have much time to feel sorry for myself.

On a more down note, my golden retriever, Daisy, has found something very, very smelly in the back yard that she likes to get into. I've watched her several times when I've let her out, and of course she never goes to it when I'm watching her. It's getting to the point were I have to give her a sponge bath every time I let her out. I tell her that she's being bad, but she just wags her tell and says "but I smell so good."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have placed Allium at the top of my list of favourite restaurants in Nashville. You know the condos there are going super cheap. Just catching up on your blog. Twas the right thing to be honest to your dating companion regarding your feelings. Hang in there and Merry Christmas.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home