Sunday, December 27, 2009

Weekend Update

After a long, hard (ha, I said long and hard in the same sentence) week of work, I found myself on call Christmas Eve and Day. Not the end of the world considering my relationship status. I worked late on the Eve and went in for a little while on the Day. It helped keep me distracted. Loot? I got some underwear, a check from my Dad and my sister sent me a nice shirt from the Gap. Nothing too exciting, but at least I don't have to get out in the traffic to return stuff that I don't want or doesn't fit.

Saturday was pretty productive. I took the dogs to the park. They haven't been walked or had the chance to play in almost a week. It was a little muddy, but they didn't make to much of a mess. Note to self: I really need to clean the back seat of my car. I HAD to have a haircut, but apparently December 26 is a national holiday for most barbers. Had to settle for a new guy. I thought he was gonna croak the entire time he was cutting my hair. I kept thinking "chief, when you die, don't lean forward with the clippers please." I went to the gym for an hour and then to the hockey game that night.

L ended up being out of town, so I didn't take her to the game. Not a big loss. There is something about her that doesn't sit right with me anyway. I asked R to go instead. This was our first time out and I was fairly impressed. She is a baseball fan, so even though she is new to hockey, she asked appropriate questions about the game. I think she was yanking my chain when she said "can I just root for the hotties on the team?" She got points for drinking a beer at a sporting event (each type of alcohol has an appropriate venue in my opinion, wine is for dinner, liquor is for bars, beer at sporting events) and then got a bonus point for finishing hers before I finished mine. She only had one, so it's also nice to know that her liver is probably in decent shape. At one point in the game, the Preds turned over the puck and I loudly said "Fudge" trying to be polite and gentlemanly. She looked at me out of the corner of her eye and said "you can do better than that" and then made a comment about how one of the cheerleaders had great tits and a great ass so she must be deficient somewhere else. That put me at ease because I knew I didn't have to watch my language or my twisted sense of humour with her.

I took her home and she was in no hurry to get out of the car. We sat and chatted in her driveway for another thirty minutes. I believe that's a sign that she isn't completely disgusted by me, which is nice because I think I'd like to see her again. Any girl that likes baseball and drinks beer is ok in my book, even if she is a Red Sox fan.

Today, I desperately need to clean house and do laundry. The dogs really should get a bath as well, but that is such an event. I'm not sure I will get to it.

I work four days straight again this week, but no call for New Years Eve. I'm not really a New Years kinda fella anyway. It always feels like just a bunch of power drinkers when I go out, so I will probably stay home.

8 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

Hmm. I'm liking R. Altho I'm scared to imagine what R may stand for.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

I'm racking my brains trying to figure out what could be negative about "R".

3:03 PM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

So can I have my sweatshirt back now?

10:19 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Well damn. I have been wearing the hell out of it now that I don't have to worry about anybody making my life miserable because of it, but sure. I just need an address.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you look back on this moment in time you will finally realize you are in much better place than you ever realized. I'd go with the Sox fan in a heart beat.

fo4
Boston

7:46 PM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Yeah, what's wrong with Sox fans?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

I will give you the short list of what's wrong with Sox fans.


They aren't Cardinals fans.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Orlando said...

Red Sox fan?

That's all I need to know.

Dump her.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home