Friday, February 05, 2010

A California State of Mind

I leave today on my epic adventure to Cali and NY. I stayed up until almost two last night and had intended to sleep as late as possible this morning to try and get a jump on the time difference, but the dogs were having none of that. By seven, they were dancing on my head.

I had originally planned/hoped to just take my backpack, but that has proved almost impossible. I can get everything in there, but at the cost of taking everything I normally would. So, in the interest of having warm clothes for New York, I'm packing another duffel.

The dogs are going to stay with Kris. I know she will take good care of them and with the four dogs she already has, it should be quite the party. I was going to put them in the kennel for the week, but she practically insisted, so I will give the money I would have used for the kennel to her kids. My girls will be much happier there.

No word from R. I guess she is grieving over her turtle. Ha!

I went across the street a couple of nights ago and knocked on my neighbor's door. I met them once when I first moved into the house, but haven't talked to them since. They answered the door with a flourish, each one of them cradling a Boston terrier. Not to throw labels,but they are obviously gay. I apologized for being a terrible neighbor, told them that I had forgotten their names, and re-introduced myself. I gave them my name and number and my landlord's information and asked them if they would mind keeping an eye on the place. The more flamboyant one of the two practically dropped the dog he was holding in his excitement, giving me his name and flamboyantly taking the piece of paper with my information out of my hand. He said he would be happy to watch the house and said he was going to put my number in his phone RIGHT NOW! I said thanks and turned to leave and he said "oh, oh, oh! I will call your number NOW so you will have my number too." LOL. Unfortunately, in the sixty seconds it took to wrap that conversation up, I had already forgotten his name. The contact information in my phone merely says "neighbor." Oh yeah, they both made a point of telling me that as soon as it got warm, we would get together for dinner or something. Well, to paraphrase Woody Allen, an open mind increases my chances for a date on Saturday night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

backpack + duffel: =D
I saw Kris's published proclamation that she was involved with your dogs for your trip. What followed was hilarity.

So it occurred to me the other day... you don't think that Kris somehow got to R, do you? Maybe she stole R's number out of your cell and somehow sabotaged your outing?

Glad you finally talked to the neighbors! Buddy systems are good things, even if it's Buddy-Buddy-Buddy.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Rapidly Find Movies, Games, MP3s, Applications & Download Them @ Flying Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home