Monday, January 25, 2010

Surprise!

Originally, I had nothing planned for the weekend. I ended up calling my buddy B Saturday morning and we met for lunch and a beer. He asked what I was doing that night because his girlfriend, S, had a friend in town from out of state and they were all going to Sambuca. I told him that I would love to go to Sambuca. The food is good and they have live music every night. Not the loud, conversation killer music, but music you can enjoy while you eat dinner and not yell at each other. I was a tad apprehensive, I didn't want the out of town friend to think this was some kind of "set up" or something. No worries, the friend was not only married, but pregnant! Everybody just relaxed and had good conversation, great food and got to listen to The Diggy Band belt out some excellent tunage (sorry, I was channeling Bill and Ted).

In the meantime, I got an email from R! I had decided that she wasn't interested and wasn't going to bug her, but she wanted to know what I was doing Sunday. We ended up going to the flea market and she showed me around her remodeled house and she took me to lunch. She is starting to grow on me a little and agreed to go the hockey game with me again next weekend (I actually gave her a choice between dinner and hockey and she choose hockey! Saaaweeeet!). She was sending signals I believe. Things like leaning in to talk, touching me to make her point. I wasn't 100% confident though, so when we said goodbye, I chickened out on stealing a kiss, but maybe there will be other opportunities.

In other news, my old friend continues to call and text. It was all very light until we got into a serious conversation yesterday. She apologized for breaking up with me years ago and said it was a decision she always regretted, but she was young and selfish and didn't realize what a mistake it was until she got older. I told her that it was a long time ago and we are completely different people, so she shouldn't feel bad about it. I think we both got some closure and are much closer friends for it.

I finally found a place to stay in NYC. The whole trip is coming up fast and Cindy seems to be getting together quite the crowd. I may be in over my head with this bunch, but I'm going to give it my best effort. I just hope I can keep up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

What can I say? You're intriguing.

I'm glad to hear things are back on track with R. I think she's the one I liked, right?

9:22 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Yeah, I think you liked her. You would really like her diet. She's Vegan and eating out is proving to be quite the challenge.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home