Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playoff Hockey!

Friday night, the Preds went into Chicago and handed the number two seed in the western conference a loss at home. I would have posted about it on Saturday, but I spent all day recovering from the yelling and screaming. The dogs still won't look at me.

Through the first period, Nashville managed to hold their own, preventing Chicago's high powered offense from scoring. However, the Suckhawks definitely had the advantage in shots and being the pessimist that I am, there was a feeling of "it's only a matter of time." Sure enough, in the second period, Sharp potted a rebound that Rinne couldn't stop. I was on the phone with Kitten watching the game and we both groaned, but not in a good way.

By the time the third period rolled around I was already giving myself the "at least they didn't get blown out" speech when suddenly J. PPPPPP. DUUUUUMMMOOONNNNT bounced one into Chicago's goal. Naturally I jumped on the bandwagon and when Dumont scored AGAIN I was screaming and yelling and dancing with the dogs. I guess Kitten handled my foolishness ok, she still talks to me.

So, a couple of empty net goals later and the Preds have won their first road playoff game. I have a six pack of Labatt's Blue and I will be parked in front of the big screen tonight with the dogs giving me the evil eye and hopefully Kitten on the phone again (I consider her good luck) to watch game two.

Everybody cross your fingers. NOW!

2 Comments:

Blogger KitKat said...

I have faith for tonight's game...

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Reminds me of my sis' old neighbor who used to be yelling for his team very loudly and then walk out to the laundry room and calm and collected.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home