Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poor Maddie

My poor Maddie. My blue heeler mix did something horrible to her paw. On Sunday afternoon, the weather was so nice, I spent most of the day outside with my dogs. I brushed them well and then clipped their nails. A couple of hours later I noticed Maddie licking her right paw. She didn't want me to look at it, but when I finally got her settled, this is what I saw.Poor girl. Somehow she stripped the nail off! Her nails are black and there is nothing left on the one nail except this white, bloody stump. I didn't know what to do. Kris was a vet tech for years and she said it would get better quickly, but it isn't quick enough for me. The poor thing limps around and she has always been such an active dog, I know it's hard for her not to use it. I went and bought a toy just for her and I try to keep it clean, but I know there is no point in trying to bandage it. She would just rip it off. I feel so sorry for her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ashly Star said...

Ouch! I wish I had some kind of tip/advice for that.

Saw the question you left in comments on my blog post "Like memories of dying days..." but there wasn't an email address for me to reply to, lol. Didn't wanna leave a long reply on my blog in case you wouldn't see it. I never know who goes back to check and who doesn't, lol.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

Gosh, I'm a little disfunctional when it comes to technology. How do I leave an email addy without leaving it for the world?

6:43 AM  
Blogger The Smoking Redhead said...

Midget did the same thing. Don't worry, it should heal very quickly.

The new toy was a nice touch.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

there's no non-toxic painkiller you can spray on/apply? :(

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home