Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Busy Busy

It feels like my days have been so full, with little or no down time. Last Thursday was my birthday. 42! Boo. Friday, after I got off of work, I drove the two and half hours to Kitten's house. My dogs, Daisy and Maddie, went with me. I got there pretty late, about ten or so Kitten time. We were standing on the patio, letting the dogs run around the back yard when I suddenly heard a "squeak". I turned to Kitten and asked her if one of the dogs had snuck a toy out of the house. She didn't think so, but Maddie was working hard on something at the end of the patio.

I walked over to see what she had and saw something move. Thinking it was a mouse or a rat, I quickly moved Maddie away only to see a baby bunny kicking it's legs. I picked the poor thing up and even though Maddie hadn't broken skin, I knew it was a goner. It was bleeding from it's nose. We admonished Maddie harshly (I know, she was just doing what dogs do) but she just wagged her tail and looked at me as if to say "can I have my toy back?"

We were all pretty tired (dogs included) so we went to bed. The next morning, Kitten made me a fabulous breakfast and I took my coffee out back with the dogs. Pretty soon I noticed that Maddie was once again interested in something up closer to the house. When I went to check it out, what did I find? Another bunny! Unfortunately, that one didn't live very long, but it wasn't Maddie's fault that time.

Later in the day, the girls where nosing around some flox in the flower beds and I started to think that maybe they knew something that I didn't. I started looking around and found two more bunnies, both alive. They were pretty cute!

I managed to keep those two safe the rest of the weekend, hopefully there is no bad Easter bunny karma for anybody.

We spent the rest of Saturday watching the Preds beat the Red Wings in overtime to clinch a playoff spot. I drove home on Sunday in time to mow my yard and get the laundry done. The girls and I were pretty exhausted.

Look what I got in the mail on Tuesday! My Preds playoff tickets. Since I won't be a season ticket holder next year and probably won't even be in Nashville, these tickets could represent the last hockey games I will get to go to see. Hopefully, they will win at least one series which means I will get at least four more games. I will really miss them.

Things have been busy and I think they will remain that way for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home