Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Ginger Midget Is Pounding On My Skull

My apologies to the pigment challenged, the vertically deficient, and those with inadequate dentition. Since I watched the Sherlock Holmes movie, I've been fascinated with ginger midgets. I'm just strange.

So, it's Sunday and I'm a smidgen hung over. I got a phone call Saturday night from a girl I used to work with a couple of years back. She was doing travel work now and was working at my old job site in Jackson, but was in Nashville for Mother's Day.

Wait, I'm leaving out part of the story. Originally, I found out that she was in Jackson and sent her a text message daring her to walk into a work area where the guys hang out and say "Big Ass Titties" then walk out. I promised I'd buy her a beer if she did it. Well, she did it and wanted to collect her beer last night.

So I met her for a beer. I stress the "A BEER" part. Four beers later, she had me laughing my ass off. I wish I could have gotten to know her better when we worked together, but the jealousy and irrationality of the ex-girlfriend would never have allowed that to be a possibility.

I had never talked to her about the ex, but they knew each other and apparently the ex told her about our break up. After the fifth beer, she looked at me and told me she was sorry about what had happened, it was fucked up. I tried to act like I didn't know what she was talking about, discussing it would be a serious buzz kill, but the alcohol set my tongue in action. I didn't tell her anything she didn't know, I guess she was just interested in hearing it from me. She just kept saying "that's so fucked up." There were a couple of positives that came out of my beer night with her. The first was that my low opinion of the ex was affirmed. She is a complete idiot. The second was that I realized how lucky I am.

Lucky? I'm so lucky that I no longer have to worry about who I talk to or see. Kitten trusts me completely. No games. No backwards redneck thinking. I get to be me. I left the bar at two in the morning and immediately called Kitten to tell her thanks. At least, I tried to tell her. I think she understood. I'm still a long way from normal. You don't go through four years of being mind fucked and then just flip a switch and expect everything to be like it was. I'm getting there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but you are so getting there. Congrats.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man be happy your single you need to try and put the meat pistol on ya girl

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home