Monday, September 27, 2010

Some Quick Updates

Mom is better, but still not well. The last surgery managed to stop the leak of cerebrospinal fluid, but it kind of put her back at square one on her lower extremity issue. They are still working on her pneumonia and poly nephritis. In addition, her hematocrit dropped and they had to give her two units of blood. The goal right now is to just get her out of the hospital and back into rehab.

I have a second interview today. I've turned down one job, waiting to hear on another, been rejected outright for a third. I'm guessing I will take this one if the money is ok. I'd rather work at this hospital and I hope things work out.

I've been struggling a little bit with Kitten's son. He hasn't done anything different, I just get angry when he leaves empty containers on the counter because the garbage is full, or when he leaves fans or the TV on in the house, or when he leaves his plate for somebody else to clean. I do all of these things myself, but I know I will be the one that comes back and resolves the problem. He is waiting for somebody else to take care of it. I talk to Kitten about it and as I was talking to her, I realized that it didn't bother her at all. I then came to the realization that the problem was me, not her son. If it doesn't bother her, why should it bother me? It's not like she asked me to clean up after him. I'm gonna work on that because it's silly to be mad at a situation that doesn't really affect me. I think I'm turning into my Dad.

I'm going back to Nashville this weekend. A couple of friends are getting married and I'm happy to see them tie the knot. Well, not really, I'm sort of anti marriage, but just because I'm a grumpy old curmudgeon, I'm not gonna deny anybody else their happiness. When I asked her if she was registered, she gave me the usual places and the resort where she was staying for their honeymoon. I thought that was fantastic! I was able to buy them some credit toward their wine service. I'd much rather they enjoy a good bottle of wine together than have some knick knack that collects dust on a shelf somewhere.

2 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

it's just child-rearing differences, that's all. people have those disagreements all the time. it's a constant cause of conflict between hubby & his kids' mom; it caused the divorce between him and his 2nd (psychotic) wife, and we argue about it now regarding a nonexistent kid.

Luckily for your situation, like you said, it's a non-issue for the mom so as long as you take a step back, there's nothing there you need to do. easy!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Nikorasu Sora said...

sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she comes through feeling good in the end. and fuck yeah with the wine. I usually like things that you can hang on a wall or something like a sword that I can use but I'm not above spending $20 on some nice cigars to smoke with my friends.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home