Thursday, October 07, 2010

Crap

I've turned down one job at a hospital that just didn't feel right. I interviewed last week for a job, while not perfect, felt right. I was extremely qualified, the hours were right, the hospital was right, I felt like I fit in to their needs.

They filled the position internally.

The same hospital has offered me another job. It's not something that I'm interested in doing really. The work would be easy, but boring and the hours unpredictable. They want me to start Monday.

Another hospital wants to interview me on Tuesday for a position that is a much better fit.

Ethically, it feels wrong to accept a position and keep interviewing. If I took the position and left a week later for something better, I will have burned a bridge at that hospital. Better to turn them down outright.

So this is my quandary. Is a bird in the hand really worth two in the bush?

3 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

so what did you decide to do?

12:15 AM  
Blogger Bat said...

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I took the job at the better hospital and will look for an internal transfer as soon as possile.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous cindy said...

great plan! sounds like college. get accepted where you want, even if you have to go in as "undeclared" or "scandinavian languages" (I know someone who actually did the latter), and then once you're in, transfer to the more competitive major.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home