Friday, April 20, 2007

Insert Frowny Face

We are leaving for Florida today. Gonna do the quick four day weekend, do some fishing, go to the beach, eat a lot of seafood, maybe catch a ball game. So why the frowny face? My dogs. You know, people that go on and on about their dogs kinda work my nerves. I mean, I say it all of the time "They are JUST dogs!" However, I love my kids. Due to the early nature of our flight, The Girlfriend was scheduled to take my puppies to the kennel around five in the afternoon yesterday. I would never make it home from work in time to get them there before six, so yesterday morning was the last time that I saw them.
This is Daisy.

She is spoiled and a little spastic, but I got her after my divorce as a puppy and it was just me and her for a long time.

This is Maddie. She is smart, neurotic, and a pound puppy. I call her the luckiest dog in the world. How she came to live with me is a long story, but I'm sure if she had grown up in the pound, nobody would have wanted her. I worry about her being in the kennel. I'm sure she has abandonment issues.

Those are my kids and I will miss them. Not enough to skip Florida. No way. And I'm sure by this afternoon, the last thing on my mind will be my dogs.

Oh, The Girlfriend tagged me with this thing.

Why Do You Blog?

Answer? Because I like to. Thpppp.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No dude, you're supposed to have 5 reasons! Where are the other 4 that you're gonna make up?

I get separation anxiety from my furry boy sometimes too... the guilt was so overwhelming that I turned around and went the 20 miles home (from the boyfriend's house) the other evening.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

Have fun on your trip! Can't wait to hear about it! And you are right, pets can SO become kids. And you have two cute kids!!

And I am waiting for your other 4 reasons you blog, too!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Kitty said...

Your kids are adorable!

you and flat have a wonderful stay in florida. tell us all about it when you get home.

oh yeah, and by the way, the bologney story was made up, only because I read about men who use bologney warmed up as a simulator. It's true bat, and they use liver too.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jane Doe said...

OMG...Bat yesterday I went to see Blades of Glory and Will Ferrell says "Bat Shit Crazy!"...now you HAVE to go see!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Awww. I know exactly how you feel about your "kids". I miss mine so much when I have to leave them! It's always nice to know that there are others who feel exactly the same way! :)

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home