Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Liver Needs A Vacation

I'm back from our cruise (obviously). For a more detailed breakdown of our vacation, visit The Girlfriend's blog. I prefer to focus on the more important aspects of the trip, beer!!! The first stop was Barbados and the locally brewed Banks beer. We went to a bar called "The Boat Yard" and I quickly downed three with my flying fish sandwich. I'd love to tell you what it tasted like, but after I fell off of the iceberg five or six times, the concussions began to take their toll. I'm sure it is a fine tasting beer.
The next stop was St. Lucia. The Girlfriend did some heavy duty shopping on this island due to the overcast skies. I found a little bar next to the jewelry store that she was terrorizing and began to pound back the local brew, Piton. Again, I'd love to give you a detailed review of the taste, but my brain was numb from answering questions like "Which looks better? The pink mother of pearl? Or the white mother of pearl with diamonds?" So, St. Lucia and Piton beer is pretty much a blur. Making our way to Antigua, we decided to hang out on the beach. We ended up in front of Sneaky Pete's where I drank a few Wadadlis. I fell asleep on the beach after the first few and everybody knows that if you don't give your short term memory time to process information into your long term memory, you are left with no memory. So once again, all I can tell you about Wadadli beer is that it contains alcohol. Next was St. Maarten. I don't think Carib is brewed on the island, but after a morning of sailing (see the picture at the top of this post, toward the bow on the starboard side sit The Girlfriend and I) the two for one happy hour at "The Greenhouse" was a blessing. I vaguely remember that Carib goes very well with the black bean soup that they serve. In St. Thomas, I spent all day snorkeling and drinking rum punch so I never got a chance to sample Blackbeard Ale before stumbling back to the cruise ship. I'm sure it's a fine beer.

So there you go. You can either read The Girlfriend's version of events which centers around details like sand, surf and quality time together, or you can just take my word for it when I say that it's all about the beer.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude!!! Please tell me you remember more than the beer!!! Oh wait, I don't think you really remember the beer either.

What about that round window in our room? Remember looking out of it while hanging onto my hips?? Remember those romantic kisses on deck when we said those 3 meaningful words?

I thought the cigars were cool. Thanks for the memories--I hope you retained a few anyway. ha

10:29 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Three meaningful words? Don't fall over?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Whine Girl said...

don't fall over


hahahaha!!!!!

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should have been DON'T FALL OVERBOARD!!!!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how Bat remembers where each beer was drunk. I wouldn't have been able to tell you that, with so many ports and so many different uncommon beers. Which begs the point...did he REALLY forget details of the trip, or was it SELECTFUL forgetfulness? :)

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know the answer to that question too Cindy!!!

I'm sure he's going to put it off on me & say I gave all the "details" and he just gave some alcohol highlights.

MEN HATE DETAILS.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't shave for a month and tell him those little hairs are just "details." Men will appreciate details after that. ;)
(I'm gonna be banned from Bat's blog soon.)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol that's funny...I bet it pertains to waxing too. ha ha

8:52 PM  
Blogger Phain said...

mmmmmbeermmmmm

channeling my inner-homer

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm-Thanks for the beer pictures, VERY nice for a Sunday ;)

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home