Sunday, November 29, 2009

Long Weekend

A good four day weekend what with Thanksgiving and all. Thanksgiving day wasn't much to talk about. It was the first Thanksgiving I can remember spending alone. My sister took her family to the beach and I just didn't have it in me to drive to my Mom's so I could sit and listen to her bitch about everybody, so I just stayed home. Thanksgiving dinner? Ramen noodles, thankyouverymuch. I did take the dogs to the park and Maddie went nuts chasing another blue heeler mix. The girls enjoyed it very much.

Friday, Kris and I went to the hockey game. I took her to the suite level club for dinner first. Funny thing, they renamed the club the "Patron Platinum Club." I told the waiter that it sounded like a strip joint. He looked a little uncomfortable, but in a low tone, agreed with me. The Preds lost to St. Louis, breaking a seven game winning streak, but I had a good time.

Saturday, Kris and I went to dinner at Macaroni Grill before going to see the movie "2012." It was ok, the special effects were great, but it was one of those movies where the whole time I was thinking "that's not how it would happen." Just couldn't suspend belief.

Today is laundry day. Took the girls back to the park, but it was kinda overcast and there was a light on and off rain. Maddie must be sore. She sorta limped around a bit, only half heartedly chasing the other dogs.

Taking it one day at a time and trying to stay out of trouble.

7 Comments:

Anonymous cindy said...

I'm sitting on my hands to keep from doing what you said today I have "a pathological need" to do to you.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Lord, go ahead, you will feel better.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

It's "suspend DISbelief!" DIS-belief! You're keeping your DISbelief at bay to give a movie's fantasyworld a chance!

Whew. I DO feel better. Thanks!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Wow. I'm glad you got that out of your system. And people wonder why I call this blog Bat Shit Crazy.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

*curtsy*

6:49 PM  
Blogger Bat said...

Good for you. I think the curtsy is a lost art.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous cindy said...

I think you're right. I haven't seen it in decades now except on pageant children.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home